Thread: Bad English teacher

HSC

Bad English teacher

Okay so really don’t feel comfortable with my English. Unfortunately this year my English teacher is really incompetent. I’m not trying to be rude but she just can’t teach. We don’t do anything in English but I’m really aiming for a band six in English advanced for next year. I can’t exactly ask her to mark my stuff bc honestly it did nothing in my last assessment and it really wasn’t valuable at all

How exactly do I improve. Also do you know of any good tutors possibly that is an option although I’ve never had English tutoring so idk what to expect.

Especially since we have the new syllabus I’m scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSC

Re: Bad English teacher

I was in your situation in year 9, I gave my teacher a draft and got little feedback before 9/20. What specifically are the problems with your teacher? Do they give the content to the class to self teach or do they give little feedback for drafts, for example? For tutoring, I can’t recommend anyone as I’ve never had english tutoring however I think its important to have someone who will push you and knows how you think to help you in this way.
    HSC 2018

Advanced English - Extension 1 Maths - Chemistry - Earth & Environmental Science - Geography

HSC

If you dont like your english teacher maybe try to ask like the head of that department or otherwise find a english tutor that closer to you.
    HSC Prelims- 3 Unit , English Advanced , Biology , Chemistry . Economics . Software Design and Development

HSC
    Uni Grad

Don't be so scared of the new syllabus-its just new content you have to learn, and regardless of what the syllabus actually is, good writing standards don't change, how you judge whether a story is good or not won't change either, even if the topic of whatever you are writing changes. Don't scared yourself more than it is worth, focus on getting feedback, whether from another teacher or from a tutor, and calm down.

Thread Information