HSC
Failed Miserably

Half yearlies bent me over and ducked me hard

2 unit copped a 64%
and 3 unit 40%

Help me.....

What do I do for yearlies coming up in term 3

I'm a wreck.

How to study effectively and efficiently?
(don't link the study tips thing I have already read it, just give some tips that worked personally for you when studying for maths)

I need to have a study plan of attack :/

horse9996

HSC
Past papers in test conditions

Seek understanding of concepts rather than memorisation of processes eg integration. This helps apply what you know to unseen qs that are different to other qs you’ve see before

Half yearlys are not the end of the world, there is always room for improvement. Focus on developing solid study strategies and habits that are effective for you for year 12

You can do it [emoji4]

north78

HSC
Past papers in test conditions

Seek understanding of concepts rather than memorisation of processes eg integration. This helps apply what you know to unseen qs that are different to other qs you’ve see before

Half yearlys are not the end of the world, there is always room for improvement. Focus on developing solid study strategies and habits that are effective for you for year 12

You can do it [emoji4]
So I should do test papers throughout the term? Or wait til we covered all the content in class then do them 2-3 weeks before exam time

Also do you study 50min work -> 10 min rest
What does a typical study schedule look like

Yeh it’s just like after half yearies there is only like one more exam til “real hsc” starts and I’m freaking out over my shtt

Thanks for the help ☺

north78

HSC
Also I read another of your messages, what is diffuse mode?
“Hard jump start” and has this ever worked for you

horse9996

HSC
So I should do test papers throughout the term? Or wait til we covered all the content in class then do them 2-3 weeks before exam time

Also do you study 50min work -> 10 min rest
What does a typical study schedule look like

Yeh it’s just like after half yearies there is only like one more exam til “real hsc” starts and I’m freaking out over my shtt

Thanks for the help [emoji5]
I do full past papers at exam time, during the term I do random qs from wherever to revise stuff eg atar notes, cambridge, etc. Basically learn the content as you go and do extra where you feel its necessary

On weekends i typically study in blocks with half an hour breaks mid morning and afternoon and hour lunch break, but its whatever works for you as some people can focus much less

So yes I typically do 50min-1hr or longer, depending on what the study is

My main tip is do what works for you, now is the time to experiment and figure that out

horse9996

HSC
Also I read another of your messages, what is diffuse mode?
“Hard jump start” and has this ever worked for you
Diffuse mode is basically where you think about something subconsciously. We can often find solutions to things when taking a step back and not focusing intently. This is in more detail in the book a mind for numbers

I haven’t personally tried the hard jump start specifically, however I have started doing exam papers not in order. Again, do what suits you and works for you best - past papers can be useful to figure this out

Epeec

HSC
Maths is honestly the easiest subject of them all (no joke). Its hard to understand, but it is more than straight forward. If you do not understand a specific topic e.g Calculus, do practice questions in different textbooks, over and over, spend hours and hours mastering it till you can easily recognise those sorts of questions in an exam. After you think youve got a fine understanding of your topic, do practice papers. Again, do them over and over (different once of course {unless u get <40-50%}). Math is only fun when you understand it and are ahead of other people. That requires determination. I, myself, did not get the results that I wanted too (mainly because of 2 hour sleep before both of the exams due to nervousness :D). Study hard, don't give up after bad results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)