Thread: subject adviceeee

HSC

subject adviceeee

im lowkey struggling in everything rn bc i cant manage my time
    the subjects ive got are 3u english, adv maths, business studies, modern history, sor2, jap beginners
    so all up ive got 13 units

i was thinking about dropping sor2 and going to catholic studies coz i dont really see the point in it and its so boring and dropping it will let me put my focus on other subjects. however, its extremely easy and could probs do rly well in it if i put more effort so i dunno if i rly want to drop

on the other hand, im really struggling with math and i was thinking about dropping down to standard but scaling is pretty bad so idek, i got suggested to get a private tutor but i cant really find one

with japanese i do it through open high school and i already know im doing rly bad in it coz its pretty hard to learn by yourself and i got my first assessment this friday and tbh ill flop it but i really like learning the language but dunno if i like it enough to risk keeping it?

tbh im just a mess and would like some advice

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: subject adviceeee

Quote Originally Posted by rizotto View Post
    im lowkey struggling in everything rn bc i cant manage my time
    the subjects ive got are 3u english, adv maths, business studies, modern history, sor2, jap beginners
    so all up ive got 13 units

i was thinking about dropping sor2 and going to catholic studies coz i dont really see the point in it and its so boring and dropping it will let me put my focus on other subjects. however, its extremely easy and could probs do rly well in it if i put more effort so i dunno if i rly want to drop
    I am not exactly educated in the subjects catholic studies and sor2 however this might be helpful (although it is on sor1 not 2) in summary it would be better to keep it if you want to play it safe.

on the other hand, im really struggling with math and i was thinking about dropping down to standard but scaling is pretty bad so idek, i got suggested to get a private tutor but i cant really find one
    Define struggling? Are you passing? With 2u math you will have to also be a bit careful in case you plan on going to say usyd which is going to have it as a requirement for a lot of courses starting from 2019. If you are terribly struggling, especially if you do not enjoy it, then I would advise you to drop to general.

If you are looking for a private tutors there are plenty of places to find them, including here on boredofstudies and gumtree (main places I would search).

with japanese i do it through open high school and i already know im doing rly bad in it coz its pretty hard to learn by yourself and i got my first assessment this friday and tbh ill flop it but i really like learning the language but dunno if i like it enough to risk keeping it?

tbh im just a mess and would like some advice
    If you really enjoy it then keep it. If you find it hard to learn by yourself then learn with people who are learning it as well. If you cant find anyone then study with people from here.

If you keep procrastinating I did find some awesome advice that was given from a ted talk about skill power over will power. Link here. I would summarise the video however this has also already been done under the video as a top comment by youtube user Daniel Lim (If you can't find the comment just CTRL+F his name) or you can just look at this snapshot here: Skillpower.PNG.
    Last edited by ichila101; 31 May 2018 at 11:17 AM.
    MX1/2U - ADV. ENGLISH - BIOLOGY - CHEMISTRY - BUSINESS STUDIES 2017
    No

Thread Information