Working During Senior School (1 Viewer)

immobilisingtime

HSC
Hey guys, how many work hours a week would you recommend for someone doing thirteen/fourteen units of preliminary subjects? Especially if they were still aiming for straight A's?

Frostguard

HSC
Personally 13/14 units isn't too extreme for the Preliminary course, but it is for the HSC course but to answer your question working will definitely force you to develop a healthy work life and study lifestyle so I think 10-12 hours is decent, like 3-4 3 hour shifts a week is enough and during your HSC course, I'd recommend 9 and below, it becomes very stressful during y12 but during y11, you're allowed to experiment and try out new schedules/study tips and all that jazz

Lumenoria

HSC
10-15 hours should be fine. I'm in my HSC year and have consistently ranked in top 3 across all my subjects (90+ average in all) working 25 hours per week (due to dire circumstances though - definitely don't do this much if you can avoid it). I actually just got my legal assessment back and got 100 on it lol. It's honestly all down to time management, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)