Thread: Working During Senior School

HSC

Working During Senior School

Hey guys, how many work hours a week would you recommend for someone doing thirteen/fourteen units of preliminary subjects? Especially if they were still aiming for straight A's?

HSC

Re: Working During Senior School

Personally 13/14 units isn't too extreme for the Preliminary course, but it is for the HSC course but to answer your question working will definitely force you to develop a healthy work life and study lifestyle so I think 10-12 hours is decent, like 3-4 3 hour shifts a week is enough and during your HSC course, I'd recommend 9 and below, it becomes very stressful during y12 but during y11, you're allowed to experiment and try out new schedules/study tips and all that jazz
    I spend too much time on this website

HSC 2018!!

English Advanced Genny Maths Biology Legal Studies Modern History Economics History Extension

HSC

Re: Working During Senior School

10-15 hours should be fine. I'm in my HSC year and have consistently ranked in top 3 across all my subjects (90+ average in all) working 25 hours per week (due to dire circumstances though - definitely don't do this much if you can avoid it). I actually just got my legal assessment back and got 100 on it lol. It's honestly all down to time management, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preliminary 2017; Advanced English | English Extension 1 | Mathematics | Legal Studies | Economics | Biology | Multimedia
    ATAR Aim; 95

Thread Information