Should i do business or legal studies? also is history extension any good? (1 Viewer)

asher32

HSC
I assume you're in Year 10 and you're picking your HSC subjects for the next two years? I had to make the same decision between Legal and Business. You've probably already heard this, but it comes down to personal interest. For me, that was Legal Studies. I've always been interested in how the law operates and how as humans we have created a society with such a complex system that we agree upon. I've always asked questions about who would be legally responsible in random hypothetical scenarios and I'm interested in a future in law. My passion has led to me being first in the subject. Business is still an interesting subject, but it just didn't pique my interest as much. It involves more numerical data and calculations, and, while it's still useful, I just didn't want to do it in the end. Just be prepared for a lot of writing and content regardless, but you'll get through it with persistence and hard work.

asher32

HSC
Also, regarding History Extension, I would see how you're going in Modern or Ancient before making a decision. If you're in the top 5 of the subject, and you're enjoying it, then go for it. Just be prepared for a lot of writing, but you are obviously aware of that. I've researched it a bit and asked my older brother who did it, and he said it's worth it but it's a lot of work. For the new syllabus, there are some changes, but you are required to do your own investigation. Personally, I'm not taking it up in Year 12 because the teacher who is teaching it is really shitty.

HSC
Hi

I am currently doing legal and business.
I am dropping business. It might just be my teacher but i find it extremely boring. It you are truly interested in business and enjoy rote learning and a lot of content then go for it. If i was you i would ask someone in the year above you who does business, because its always different depending on the school you go to and the teacher.

Good luck

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Have a look at the HSC/Preliminary syllabuses and texbooks you'll be studying them for two years so you will probably want a subject you can tolerate.

Also consider teacher quality, cohort quality, and previous years cohorts performance in the respective subject in the HSC exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)