Is 10 units a good idea for me? (1 Viewer)

Xzyle

HSC
Hey everyone, I'd really appreciate some advice. I'm currently in Year 11 and will graduate in 2019.

I'm a total noob when it comes to subject selection, and I have no idea whether doing 11 or 12 units would be even useful for me at this point, the ones I'm considering doing for Y12 are History Extension and English Extension, but not sure if there's any point in me doing them.

My school is somewhere around 30th in the state

My current subjects (2018):

Economics (4th out of 80)
Modern History (1st out of 80+)
Physics (1st out of 50)
3 Unit Maths (In the accelerated 4 Unit course, am 2nd/3rd)
English Advanced (Like 15-20th, really fudged it this year)
English Extension (Similar to advanced)

I really hate economics.

What I'm considering doing next year (2019):

Modern History
Physics
4U Math
English Advanced

That adds up to 10. But I'm honestly not sure if there's any point in me doing English and History extensions for next year, I might need a safety buffer of 11 or 12 but if I like do English Extension I don't think it'll count unless I really fudge advanced, and not sure if History extension will count either since I think I'm doing pretty well in all my subjects.

Would appreciate any advice into a good amount of units to do. P.s. my brain doesn't function when it comes to making decisions, I suck at it. I have no clue what to do when I leave school or even for subject selection or anything.

sicklad200

HSC
its really hard to decide, i'm going to start with 12 and drop if I feel like i'm doing amazing in 10, or if I can't handle twelve.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd probably keep 12 units for the first term. Then you can reevaluate.

Xzyle

HSC
Yeah some people have told me that doing english and history extension won't actually benefit me very much at all since they're just extension subjects and not something to fall back on, so I'd be better off doing 10 or doing 12 with economics instead of the extensions if I wanted a safety buffer.
Still kinda mixed tbh

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey everyone, I'd really appreciate some advice. I'm currently in Year 11 and will graduate in 2019.

I'm a total noob when it comes to subject selection, and I have no idea whether doing 11 or 12 units would be even useful for me at this point, the ones I'm considering doing for Y12 are History Extension and English Extension, but not sure if there's any point in me doing them.

My school is somewhere around 30th in the state

My current subjects (2018):

Economics (4th out of 80)
Modern History (1st out of 80+)
Physics (1st out of 50)
3 Unit Maths (In the accelerated 4 Unit course, am 2nd/3rd)
English Advanced (Like 15-20th, really fudged it this year)
English Extension (Similar to advanced)

I really hate economics.

What I'm considering doing next year (2019):

Modern History
Physics
4U Math
English Advanced

That adds up to 10. But I'm honestly not sure if there's any point in me doing English and History extensions for next year, I might need a safety buffer of 11 or 12 but if I like do English Extension I don't think it'll count unless I really fudge advanced, and not sure if History extension will count either since I think I'm doing pretty well in all my subjects.

Would appreciate any advice into a good amount of units to do. P.s. my brain doesn't function when it comes to making decisions, I suck at it. I have no clue what to do when I leave school or even for subject selection or anything.
I'd do the 10 you're considering tbh. Less workload and you can focus on those subjects to increase their marks. Your ranks are really good for them too so it should be fine. That's basically what I did just did 10 units because I knew I could do good in bio/phys and 4u and it worked out fine!

Xzyle

HSC
I'd do the 10 you're considering tbh. Less workload and you can focus on those subjects to increase their marks. Your ranks are really good for them too so it should be fine. That's basically what I did just did 10 units because I knew I could do good in bio/phys and 4u and it worked out fine!
Aye, thanks for your advice so long ago! Worked out well for me haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)