Mathematics Course Difficulty? (1 Viewer)

MONONYMOUS

HSC
Hey,

How difficult is it to achieve above 90% for Math Advanced in the trials?

How many hours is recommended to be spent studying each day if this is to be achieved..

Also, which textbooks do you ppl recommend for Year 12 Math Advanced?

Thanks !!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
How long is a piece of string? Really depends on aptitude and ability to grasp the material. I like Cambridge and Fitzpatrick for textbooks.

MONONYMOUS

HSC
How long is a piece of string? Really depends on aptitude and ability to grasp the material. I like Cambridge and Fitzpatrick for textbooks.
Thanks !
How many hours per day would you recommend that I study

Pmh1201

HSC
Thanks !
How many hours per day would you recommend that I study
As previously said it really depends on your ability to grasp the content and how fast it sinks it. Some people need to study 2+ hours each day while others can cram hard before an exam to get 90%. However to answer your question you need to take into account your other subjects and also how much you intend to study each night. If you're only going to study for 3 hours there is no point doing maths for 2 of those and letting the others suffer. I would recommend making a study timetable and perhaps doing maths for 2 hours every second night. Hope that gives some help to your question :)

As for the 90% in trials.... trials is meant to be the hardest exams you will sit and you should be done with content by the time you get to trials so it you will often find some question throw you off. Not sure on your skill level as well so its hard to see. Easy for some, very hard for others.

horse9996

HSC
It’s definitely achieveable but difficulty differs between people. Aim to study smart and its definitely within grasp!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)