Scared of repeating year 11 (1 Viewer)

ceetine

HSC
Due to my mental health, I haven’t put much effort into this year which has resulted in poor attendance (76.5%) and an accumulation of N awards (1 in English and 2 in Society and Culture).

However, the N award in English was because I handed in an assignment (which I did) late but the teacher still gave me that N award. Is this fair? If not, what are the steps I can take?

Also, 1 N award in Society was from endangerment of not completing satisfactory course work. I feel as if that reason shouldn’t be the grounds of obtaining an N award.

How much trouble am I in at the moment?

titanium_man23

HSC
By the sounds of things, you dont have N awards necessarily, you have N award warnings. For warnings, if you get 3 letters i believe, then you have an N award. To overturn this, usually it is completing the assessment task and submitting it, (But not always) so if you submit the task then you will not get an award, but it will count for 0%. If you have N awards after a certain point, then the units associated with the N award will not count. For english in that case, you wouldnt be even getting a HSC if you get an N award. For certain classes as well, if it is compulsory (SOR for Catholic school etc) that might be grounds for expulsion, but i am not 100% on this. Basically, get the warnings sorted by doing the tasks and youll be fine, especially as the marks in prelim dont count to HSC marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)