3U Maths Prelim Finals Disaster (1 Viewer)

Arrowshaft

HSC
So you may know me before as being the guy that posted the thread “Should I do 4u?”, anyways, we just had our prelim maths finals today... it was a disaster and I feel so fricking sad and depressed. I prepped so hard and I did so well in past papers getting 95-100 on average with like 15-30 mins to spare. We have the independent papers which I heard were much tougher than a lot of other selective school exams and Ive noticed that too but going in today my nerves were so high and I wasted most of the time panicking and I just feel very depressed. I skipped like 2 parts of a question (4 marks) and everything has just been haunting me, I cant, I just feel so overwehlemed. I felt like the 2018 independent was harder than other years especially and our teacher got rid of the polynomials section, because we havent learnt it yet, and replaced it with a lot of perms and combs and other and I feel like she went over board with the number of questions as it seemed way to big (I heard students exclaiming that the exam looked like a booklet and it sorta did). I don’t know, i just feel so down and btw is at least 75+ good for an independent exam. Idek at this point, i just feel wasted and underachieving :cry::cry:

Arrowshaft

HSC
They’re exams set by an authority and some schools usually buy their papers and put their logo in.

MONONYMOUS

HSC
I reckon 75+ is great for a 3unit exam. Especially since it's only Prelims. Don't worry about it too much because you can't do anything about it now. The way I see it, you've got the knowledge (considering you've been getting 95 - 100 in practices) and you've got the holidays coming up giving you time to reflect on Year 11. You've had a bad experience and so you know how to handle your next big exam. You'll be alright !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)