Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By c8

Thread: Can I achieve a 99 atar from failing year 11?

HSC

Question Can I achieve a 99 atar from failing year 11?

Hey Guys,

So i just wanted to ask whether i can still get a 99 atar although i failed my yearly in Year 11. My school is currently ranked in the 300's and i used to be ranked really high in all my subjects (1st/2nd) but these ranks dropped after the year 11 yearlies. Im really motivated to do very well as my desired course is Medicine. So can someone guide me to getting a 99atar even if you failed year 11.

Thanks

Cadet
    HSC

Re: Can I achieve a 99 atar from failing year 11?

Year 12 is a clean slate. However, you are expected to know things from Year 11. Work hard and you can get any ATAR

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by MONONYMOUS View Post
    Year 12 is a clean slate. However, you are expected to know things from Year 11. Work hard and you can get any ATAR
    What things are we expected to know apart from a certain chunk of the maths content?
    HSC 2019

Advanced English | 2U Mathematics | Modern History | Biology | Legal Studies | Studies of Religion II

ATAR GOAL: 98.00+

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Hi there! I have recently registered on this website in order to genuinely help students by giving them advice on studying better in general. I fairly confident in my approach to assisting students as I myself, have spent years and years identifying the best ways to maximise results through constant trial and error.

First, I would like to identify where you went wrong in year 11, and you can help me do this by uploading your daily details on how you study so I can effectively help you in improving. This includes:
    - How many hours/ minutes you spend on subjects in a day (if you have an already made timetable, upload it)
    - Which and how many subjects you study in a day
    - What you actually do when you study? and how much/how long do you study for? Tell me your process in detail from opening your textbook to finishing (eg. do you make notes on a laptop or paper? answer questions?)
    - Which textbooks do you use and how do you use them?
    - How much daily study you do in the holidays?
    - When do you start preparing for exams and how do you determine of you are ready for the exam?

Next we need to see your note making strategies:
    - Upload a sample of your notes for of your subjects (can be a picture or a document)

Also, when you say 'failed' what do you mean by that? Please post your results for each subject.

Okay, so once you answer all these questions, I will formulate my advice for you. And sorry if there are a lot of questions- but it will be neccessary

(you can reply on here or message me on this website) Hope to hear from you soon

c8
    Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by wassupitsmeyy View Post
    Hi there! I have recently registered on this website in order to genuinely help students by giving them advice on studying better in general. I fairly confident in my approach to assisting students as I myself, have spent years and years identifying the best ways to maximise results through constant trial and error.

First, I would like to identify where you went wrong in year 11, and you can help me do this by uploading your daily details on how you study so I can effectively help you in improving. This includes:
    - How many hours/ minutes you spend on subjects in a day (if you have an already made timetable, upload it)
    - What you actually do when you study? and how much/how long do you study for? Tell me your process in detail from opening your textbook to finishing (eg. do you make notes on a laptop or paper? answer questions?)
    - When do you start preparing for exams and how do you determine of you are ready for the exam?

Next we need to see your note making strategies:
    - Upload a sample of your notes for of your subjects (can be a picture or a document)

Also, when you say 'failed' what do you mean by that? Please post your results for each subject.

Okay, so once you answer all these questions, I will formulate my advice for you. And sorry if there are a lot of questions- but it will be neccessary

(you can reply on here or message me on this website) Hope to hear from you soon
    Hi! If you don't mind me asking, what is this website? It sounds really insightful and I would love to check it out
    wassupitsmeyy likes this.

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Realistically it is not likely but it is possible.
    l’appel du vide

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by c8 View Post
    Hi! If you don't mind me asking, what is this website? It sounds really insightful and I would love to check it out
    Oh hey there! haha actually, I think you were mistaken because when I said that "I have recently registered on this website" I meant that I, myself, have signed up for the bored of studies website to genuinely help students and all I was doing was responding to this original person who asked this question. I don't have my own website lol (hehe maybe I should make one though- what do you think?)

glad to hear that you find it really insightful tho!
    Feel free to post more questions and message me if you would like me to reply to them

HSC

2hours on one subject.

I study 2 subjects each day.

M- chem and phys
    Tu- Extension 1 maths and ex2 maths
    W- Eng advs and extension 2 maths
    Th- chem and phys
    F- eng advs and extension 1 maths
    S- eng advs and ex2 maths
    Su- chem and phys

Ok so i start highlighting the important bits, then i write it down and then i read what i wrote. Then i use my tutoring notes and compare and then do questions.

I use the pearson for chem and phys, syd grammer for ex 2 maths, cambridge for ex 1 maths

Not sure cause i procrastinate majority of the time

i start preparing like 2 days before exam, and i dont think im ever prepared

Thread Information