dropping to standard? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm in a really difficult situation right now. I'm currently doing advanced maths but really badly. My final mark is 39% and i only passed one assessment (51%) this year. I need a 94 atar for the course i want but i think maths is really pulling me back and i think that by doing standard maths it will give me a higher chance of achieving the atar. Because I'm actually good at maths i just don't put enough effort into it, i'll probably get a high mark in standard. But this is the hard part: all of my back up courses have advanced as a prerequisite. But i really don't want to do advanced and by doing advanced i have a lesser chance of making it to my preferred course. So i dont know if i should risk doing advanced and not making it to my no. 1 course or do standard and risk not making it to my back up courses in case i don't get the atar.... pls help. They said if we want to drop we have to do it at the start of term 4.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Ring the universities and see if you are able to do a bridging course for 2 unit that shows that you sufficient knowledge?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Could you do an course through tafe that means you'll be on 12 units so if you stuff up mathematics it won't damage your ATAR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)