Preparation for Year 11 (1 Viewer)

Zyphronic

HSC
I want to use my holidays effectively to get ahead. How can I prepare for these subjects?

Music 2
Legal Studies
Japanese Beginners
Biology
English Advanced
Math Advanced

HSC
Hey i can only help with some of these subjects, but this is what i would suggest:

Overall: If you know who your teachers are i would go to see them before the end of term, ask them for any resources eg textbooks. Your teachers should be one of your best resources (while mine are at least)

Japanese: I know there are many language apps online eg. duolingo so you could attempt to begin to teach yourself the basics

Legal: if you get your hands on a textbook, i would definitely start summarising, as for me legal work can quickly build up

English Advanced: You should start reading/analysing your prescribed text or bein practising creative writing (depending on what unit your starting with) Again you should see your teacher to discuss this.

Maths: If your prepared to teach your self, i think it would be helpful to get your hands on a textbook

Not sure about bio and music

There are many online sites that help you self learn a subject

Good luck :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Relax, and sleep
2. If you are desperate for work, then start practising some mathematics questions from a textbook.
3. Watch Japanese movies with English subtitles
4. Maybe read your English prescribed books.

Zyphronic

HSC
1. Relax, and sleep
2. If you are desperate for work, then start practising some mathematics questions from a textbook.
3. Watch Japanese movies with English subtitles
4. Maybe read your English prescribed books.
Where can I find the English Prescribed Books?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Where can I find the English Prescribed Books?
Ask your school what texts you've been assigned next year. Have you received a book list? Not that important, I'd focus on relaxing at the moment.

petevardi

HSC
I want to use my holidays effectively to get ahead. How can I prepare for these subjects?

Music 2
Legal Studies
Japanese Beginners
Biology
English Advanced
Math Advanced

-------

Definetly buy the ATAR Notes books for each of your subjects, these are super helpful with studying and revising work before you learn it, so you are familiar with the content!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)