Thread: Year 11 Organisation

HSC

Year 11 Organisation

Hey guys, would you guys mind suggesting the best ways to keep your schoolwork organised for Year 11? Especially for the following subjects:
    Advanced Maths
    Advanced English
    Ancient History
    Modern History
    Chemistry
    Maths Extension
    English Extension

Like how many binders I really need, or the amount of notebook pages are necessary? Or anything along those lines?

Thanks.

HSC

Re: Year 11 Organisation

Hey

You seen to have a lot of content heavy subjects, so i would suggest using loose leaf paper // binders. But i have to stress that it does depend on you and what you feel comfortable with, because i know many people who HATE binders. The positives with binders, with your subjects in particular, is that you can takes the topic out once its done. For me personally i take one binder to school with all my subjects in it, and when i finish a topic, i transfer that into its own subject binder at home ( i have 7 subject binders at home, one for each class) . Alternatively you could have a book per topic, i know lots of people do that at my school. Or you could just stick with the good old "use a book until its full method" haha.

I also have to stay with me in particular, that organisation is key as well as good study habits. I feel like i have become a stationery addict in senior school haha.

Anyways good luck

HSC

Re: Year 11 Organisation

Quote Originally Posted by chhshighschooler View Post
    Hey

You seen to have a lot of content heavy subjects, so i would suggest using loose leaf paper // binders. But i have to stress that it does depend on you and what you feel comfortable with, because i know many people who HATE binders. The positives with binders, with your subjects in particular, is that you can takes the topic out once its done. For me personally i take one binder to school with all my subjects in it, and when i finish a topic, i transfer that into its own subject binder at home ( i have 7 subject binders at home, one for each class) . Alternatively you could have a book per topic, i know lots of people do that at my school. Or you could just stick with the good old "use a book until its full method" haha.

I also have to stay with me in particular, that organisation is key as well as good study habits. I feel like i have become a stationery addict in senior school haha.

Anyways good luck
    I second this. Its much more versatile than getting 8 or so books. The only subjects I would advise getting books for is Maths and Maths Extension. Write theory in your binder and homework/questions in your books - saves space and is a lot better.

Good Luck with Year 11.
    HSC 2019:
    Business Studies l Legal Studies l Economics l MX1 l MX2 l Adv. English

ATAR GOAL: 99

Thread Information