What happens if i get an N award but don't continue with that subject. (1 Viewer)

PainOlive

HSC
I am currently taking Society and Culture as one of my preliminary subjects and I am not enjoying it. I am planning on ditching it for the HSC but I want to know whether I can get an N award in this subject without it effecting my final HSC. I really don't want to waste any time on it.

Ebubble

HSC
I am currently taking Society and Culture as one of my preliminary subjects and I am not enjoying it. I am planning on ditching it for the HSC but I want to know whether I can get an N award in this subject without it effecting my final HSC. I really don't want to waste any time on it.
I think;
Year 11 is year 11 and Year 12 is year 12. If you get an n award in year 11 it affects your marks and reputation in that year but once you're in year 12 and have dropped that subject it won't matter cause you don't do the subject. You are still going to have to do assessments and tests for that subject throughout the year, are you saying you are going to n award every single test/assessment in that subject? If you fail that subject it will affect your overall year 11 results, [emoji848]I think[emoji849]

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

PainOlive

HSC
I do mean getting an n award on every test for society and culture. i just wanted to know if that would effect my eligibility for the year 12 hsc. thanks for the response.

Ebubble

HSC
I do mean getting an n award on every test for society and culture. i just wanted to know if that would effect my eligibility for the year 12 hsc. thanks for the response.
As long as you have 10 units for year 12, you're eligible. But if you don't finish year 12 and want a ROSA, your marks in year 11 will affect it.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Where a student fails to satisfactorily complete a mandatory Stage 5 course the student:

is ineligible for the award of the RoSA if they leave school at the end of Year 10;
may be ineligible to enter Preliminary (Year 11) courses.

https://news.bostes.nsw.edu.au/blog/2012/6/4/on-rosa-credentialling-for-year-10-students-in-2012

You need to satisfactorily complete 12 units worth of Preliminary courses to be eligible to go into year 12. An "N' determination may make him/her ineligible for the award of the Higher School Certificate. "

https://schoolsequella.det.nsw.edu....8c-b1e5-ab2c40c3c4d0/1/warning-letter-hsc.pdf

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Put in sufficient effort to avoid n-awards. It is likely to impact on your eligibility unless you are currently taking 14 units?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)