Aos - English (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
our area of study for yr 12 is JOURNEYS but.. who know what our texts will be?
i heard that it is king lear for our shakespeare text thing... would this be our comparison of text and contexts? if so, what would we be comparing it to? :confused:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I think Shakespeare is a different topic, and we (my school) s doing Hamlet.
And our comparrison is Emma and clueless

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
It won't be King Lear, they've taken that off the HSC list. You don't HAVE to do Shakespeare, it depends what your school chooses.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im pretty sure its been taken off the HSC list for Advanced English.

But obviously trust your teacher n not me, but they could be going on the previous years' ones.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
yeah year12 we got told we are the last year group to be doing king lear.. our teachers told us its taken of the syllabus and that next year they are doing macbeth or hamlet or something...

u dont HAVE to do shakespeare.... some people do shakespeare for their critical study while others do shakepeare for the transformations one... we did lear and it is very hard... enjoyable but hard... its meant to be the hardest text on the adv eng syllabus

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
there are 4 modules including the AOS.... and yes for each module, your school gets a list of texts to choose from ranging from novels, plays, poetry and film... ohh and a tv series...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
If you go to the Board of Studies site and click HSC syllabus there is a link to a poster of all of next year's texts and an outline of Journeys. King Lear is still on the prescribed text list but I had been told they were taking it off.........maybe they changed their mind??

elfgal

i think they might have moved kl from module b to mod a. don't quote me on it though

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I think the BoS tends to keep most of the 'big' texts (the ones that take a lot of resources) for a few years, even if they change modules. Saves the government giving more money to schools to buy more texts ;)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
english is too complicated :|
i dont get it.. i dl the texts or that poster thingy... and it has like our area of study and it is divided into 3 focuses: physical journeys, imaginitive and inner.. do our school pick one PLUS one modile a, b or c in the elective

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Your school chooses one focus, plus one elective from EACH module A, B and C.

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
For journeys, our school is studying to novel Huckleberry Finn, as opposed to Looking for Alibrandi for changing perspective. You will probably find that a lot of you will study Finn.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
our area of study for yr 12 is JOURNEYS but.. who know what our texts will be?
i heard that it is king lear for our shakespeare text thing... would this be our comparison of text and contexts? if so, what would we be comparing it to? :confused:
I have seen your Area of Study Stimulus booklet! hehe one text that caught my eye is Robert Frost's 'The Road Not Taken'

and there was this book cover of Victor Keller's novel.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
We got told by our EXT teacher some of the bits that were in it but we havent seen it, maybe doing frost this year wasent such a bad idea...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)