Just Dropped maths (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Is this a good idea? I switched 2u over to modern history. I mean if I work really hard, I'll prob get a uai of 90% max for maths 2u. For history I reckon I'll get higher.

Your thoughts, anyone in a similar situation?

s2ophie

HSC
i dropped maths at the end of year 11. I hated it and didn't work very hard in year 11 so it would have been a lot of work to catch up. For me it has been the best thing: no more having maths homework every night. However i look at my friends now and think "damn, their study is just doing practice papers," and then i go and spend hours writing Modern History summaries..

Also, only do modern if your a humanities person.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i like maths so i think the idea is not good

however if ur good at history or wotever then go for it... just dont regret it

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
If you're not good at and don't enjoy maths then dropping it is probably a huge load off your shoulders...

however don't forget that most of the engineering/sci courses have maths as assumed knowledge.

Slimeboy

HSC
I'm in year 11 now & dropping it at the end of the term. I hate it, i hate the teacher.

Giant Lobster

HSC
dont drop maths omg. its like so straightforward. unlike shit like english, ur either correct or not. no in-between shit. and also in math unlike english its actually possible to get full marks. gay english approaches some sort of asymptote that prevents u from ever getting full marks no matter how good u r.

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
hahaha thats right...no one gets 20/20..its only 19/20 like in one of my previous assessment tasks

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
dont drop maths omg. its like so straightforward. unlike shit like english, ur either correct or not. no in-between shit. and also in math unlike english its actually possible to get full marks. gay english approaches some sort of asymptote that prevents u from ever getting full marks no matter how good u r.
2 tru 2 tru @ the thing abt "rite or not rite" thing

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
If you hate the teacher, try to change classes.
Don't drop just because of a teacher you don't like! It's not worth it. If you can't talk to him/her about it or to one of the head teachers, ask for a class swap anyway. Tell them it's something you'd rather not talk about.

If that doesn't appeal to you.. tell your parents and get them to write a letter to the school. It worked for me :D

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by anti
If you hate the teacher, try to change classes.
Don't drop just because of a teacher you don't like! It's not worth it. If you can't talk to him/her about it or to one of the head teachers, ask for a class swap anyway. Tell them it's something you'd rather not talk about.

If that doesn't appeal to you.. tell your parents and get them to write a letter to the school. It worked for me :D
i had the exact same situation, except it was english :(

it took 5 different people to complain to displace the wanker
too bad he is still in the school and he also gets to mark year 12 assessments
im just dreading the day he gets me back
:p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
The thing is that I'm not asian. And as a fact, asian people can cope with subjects like maths and science more easily. This is really good for them in the HSC.
I just don't get maths. I can do very well in English because theres more than one answer. This is what I like. Maths is too analytical and straight foward for me. I wish my brain could handle complex subjects like maths and sciences.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
haha i don't cope with maths or science very well, but i work my poor head off to get some of the stuff.

why?

because i enjoy learning. it doesn't matter whether it's physics or postmodernism, if i can make it enjoyable and interesting i'll want to learn it.

end preaching ;)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by stas_m_
Is this a good idea? I switched 2u over to modern history. I mean if I work really hard, I'll prob get a uai of 90% max for maths 2u. For history I reckon I'll get higher.

Your thoughts, anyone in a similar situation?
it's hard to say coz with maths, it's you either get it right or wrong, so there is a potential to score full marks. However, ancient history requires writing essay. therefore, it's very subjective.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by stas_m_
The thing is that I'm not asian. And as a fact, asian people can cope with subjects like maths and science more easily. This is really good for them in the HSC.
I just don't get maths. I can do very well in English because theres more than one answer. This is what I like. Maths is too analytical and straight foward for me. I wish my brain could handle complex subjects like maths and sciences.
ahaha i know some asians that are like ext 2 english.. i hit them across the head and say 'the the hel are u so smart'
i wish i was good at english... i ultimatley suck..... i think ym maths will make up for it *crosses fingers* :worried:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol, i got kicked out of modern history on the first lesson, so now im doing bio instead of maths. Better idea?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
You got kicked out first lesson. and like banned from doing it>?????
what the fuck did you do????

stazi

Nightman
HSC
well, first they accepted me, and then they checked on the computer and ive truanted 30 school days. So I walk in and get out a new exercise book. 5 mins into the lesson, the teacher goes, "oh, sorry, you've been kicked out"

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i dont know why i did, i dont know why i liked it, and i dont know why ill do it again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)