Thread: Hissssstory Extension

HSC

Wink Hissssstory Extension

How was it boys and girls??? Personally didn't find it too hard - wrote 17 pages ya yeet
    Q1- they literally gave us the issues lol subjectivity film history politit's in history, I hope I did alright
    Q2- started this question with 50 minutes (spent 1 hr 10 mins on section 1 and I started panicking lmao) the quote was pretty standard god bless never have to look at appeasement again
    Developed a proper blister on my thumb lol now gotta go study for Modern
    I spend too much time on this website

HSC 2018!!

English Advanced Genny Maths Biology Legal Studies Modern History Economics History Extension

Cadet
    HSC

Re: Hissssstory Extension

Part 1 i was pretty happy with, i wrote about film/popular history too. Kinda freaking out about part 2 though, i went way overboard on part 1 (10 pages) and only had 40 minutes for part 2. Ended upwith only 4.5 pages. How screwed am i? Ugh so mad at myself cause this happened to me in paper 1 too, i went way overboard on the first 2 essays and ran out of time for the last one
    Last edited by entartung; 26 Oct 2018 at 6:52 PM.

HSC

Re: Hissssstory Extension

Part 1
    Source was solid with many little quotations to interweave with - generally argued against it, in particular the political part, going into public history, as well as the changing nature of evidence in judging history, external/internal pressures of the historian in their constructions, and the dynamic motives of the historian. 10 pages in 1hr 10min

Part 2 - Crusades
    Very happy with this one. The quote from J. Llewellyen was almost exactly what I had addressed in my trials exam. The way I addressed it was I split Crusades historiography into three distinct periods, Early,Middle and Contemporary (It was more complicated than that dw). I then wrote about the changing approaches and also motives of historians within those time periods, talking about three historians for each period to show a "different number of historians" as per the quote. Managed to get out 10 pages in 50 minutes

Thread Information