Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BlueGas
  • 1 Post By BLIT2014
  • 1 Post By Robrules3

Thread: Sports Med wtf

HSC

Sports Med wtf

Ok so the exam was pretty good except the 12 marker for sports med! How is talking about “ethical considerations” worth 12 marks?

And how was the exam overall for everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Adv. English | 2U Maffs | Physics | Chemistry | PDHPE

HSC 2018

HSC
    N/A

Re: Sports Med wtf

You could talk about how athletes feel pressured to participate, as they feel they're letting their fans/family down. You also talk about the use of painkillers as they want to mask the pain of injury and want to return to play immediately.
    whatafeeling likes this.

HSC

Ethical considerations/policy procedures is quite a standard 12 marker

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGas View Post
    You could talk about how athletes feel pressured to participate, as they feel they're letting their fans/family down. You also talk about the use of painkillers as they want to mask the pain of injury and want to return to play immediately.
    I did talk about that but I felt like it was not enough, since it’s 12 marks and I only talked about 2 point (pressure and painkillers) with examples. But ehh

HSC 2018

HSC
    N/A

Since it was about return to play policies, i decided to also include Indicators of readiness, Monitoring progress, Psychological readiness, Specific warm up and cool down and also Return to play policies of different sports such as boxing

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by whatafeeling View Post
    I did talk about that but I felt like it was not enough, since it’s 12 marks and I only talked about 2 point (pressure and painkillers) with examples. But ehh

Well you might be okay depending on how the rest of the state went.
    whatafeeling likes this.
    l’appel du vide

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by whatafeeling View Post
    I basically tried to do 3 big paras, external pressure, internal pressure and use of painkillers. Within those I mentioned how policies and procedures address these to ensure athletes aren't being put onto the field before they are ready. I don't think you needed to talk about all the other parts of the dot points as the question was only specifying 'Return to Play Policies and Procedures' and 'Ethical considerations', but I tried incorporate the others in just to be safe. So as long as you expanded on your two points by talking about how policies address them I'm sure you'll do fine.
    Last edited by Robrules3; 30 Oct 2018 at 4:50 PM.
    whatafeeling likes this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Robrules3 View Post
    I basically tried to do 3 big paras, external pressure, internal pressure and use of painkillers. Within those I mentioned how policies and procedures address these to ensure athletes aren't being put onto the field before they are ready. I don't think you needed to talk about all the other parts of the dot points as the question was only specifying 'Return to Play Policies and Procedures' and 'Ethical considerations', but I tried incorporate the others in just to be safe. So as long as you expanded on your two points by talking about how policies address them I'm sure you'll do fine.
    That’s what I was thinking. Since they only mentioned ethical considerations in regards to policies, I didn’t want to talk about the other dot points cause they seemed irrelevant. Hopefully I did expand enough on my points, I think my examples were pretty ok too.
    Thanks

HSC 2018

Thread Information