Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By HoldingOn
  • 1 Post By brbstudying
  • 1 Post By brbstudying
  • 1 Post By brbstudying

Thread: Exam Thoughts

HSC

Exam Thoughts

How did everyone find the exam? Personally did the ATB module and found it to be very very straightforward.
    notthedevil likes this.

Cadet
    HSC

Re: Exam Thoughts

I did Comedy, and I found the essay question to be very very easy. Creative question was pretty good as well. Could've done a loooot better with time management and tbh I'm second guessing if I can get an E4 hahahah (I finished everything and gave everything a conclusion, the creative just got way rushed at the end and the last few scenes are pretty short, rest is alright tho. Lets hope the markers dont think its rushed I guess). Good thing I do 12 units aye
    4U English | Modern History | Geography | Visual Arts | French Continuers

99.50 pls

HSC

I did Module A: Genre

The essay question was extremely broad, making it easy to fit into my argument~

Creative was a bit difficult at first because it didn't fit my prepared at all, but I soon got the hang of it. There was a lot of writing new material on the spot to fit with the stimulus
    supR likes this.

HSC

Also my time management was much better than trials ~ I finished my essay within the first hour before moving onto my creative and focusing on that for the next remaining hour
    supR likes this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by notthedevil View Post
    tbh I'm second guessing if I can get an E4 hahahah (I finished everything and gave everything a conclusion, the creative just got way rushed at the end and the last few scenes are pretty short, rest is alright tho. Lets hope the markers dont think its rushed I guess). Good thing I do 12 units aye
    Don't worry, I messed up my time management for trials (spent way too long on the essay, only had 15 minutes left to stir up a creative) and managed to get an equal 23 for both sections
    notthedevil likes this.

Cadet
    HSC

Really liked ATB essay question, creative was a bit disappointing for me just because it didn't fit my idea well.
    How many pages did you all write? I did 13 for essay and 10 for creative, but I have really big handwriting (4-5 words per line). I 'm a bit concerned about my creative tbh, especially since dialogue makes for a lot of paragraphing. Apparently raw mark for e4 is usually 38-40 put of 50, reckon it'll be similar this year?

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by entartung View Post
    Really liked ATB essay question, creative was a bit disappointing for me just because it didn't fit my idea well.
    How many pages did you all write? I did 13 for essay and 10 for creative, but I have really big handwriting (4-5 words per line). I 'm a bit concerned about my creative tbh, especially since dialogue makes for a lot of paragraphing. Apparently raw mark for e4 is usually 38-40 put of 50, reckon it'll be similar this year?
    In terms of pages, too many to count, but I estimate about 1500 words for the essay and 1150 for the creative (would've wanted it to be longer but hey its out of my hands now). Personally I think e4 cutoff will be the same because the exam itself was fairly straightforward.
    4U English | Modern History | Geography | Visual Arts | French Continuers

99.50 pls

Thread Information