School Certificate HISTORY marathon. (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
My favourite topic history <3

I'll start.

Briefly describe the Assimilation Policy for Aboriginal people.

silence--

HSC
from memory...

Policy set in the 1930's by the government in an attempt to "breed out" mixed blooded Aboriginals. Expected all Aboriginals to become part of Australian culture on the basis that white people were superior and that Aboriginals will die out because of natural selection. Led to things like the stolen gen. The policy was abandoned when the government realized that mixed blooded Aboriginals were not dying out.

----
Question: Purpose of the 1967 Referendum?

muzeikchun852

HSC
:mad1::mad1:my least favourite topic!

Question: Purpose of the 1967 Referendum?
to include aboriginal in the cencus and the power to make decision for all aboriginal.

outline the change of migrant or women!

Mudkip94

HSC
ARGH!!! HISTORY!!! :chainsaw:

• Chifley wanted 20 million migrants by 2000, specifically white dudes because he wanted Australia to be a European country
  • WWII made Australia afraid of 'Asian invasion' so adopted the White Australia Policy
  • Chifley wanted British dudes but would also accept fair skinned Europeans like Scandinavians
  • Asians who sheltered in Australia during WWII had to go back
  • Arthur Calwell was immigration minister and said "populate or perish" and "two wongs don't make a white" (lol)
  • British dudes could move to Australia for 10 pounds, they were called "Ten Pound Poms"
  • Whitlam ended White Australia Policy in 1972
  • Vietnamese boat people came to flee the commies
  • today Australia is multicultural.

My Question: Outline how Vietnam veterans were treated and what they suffered afterwards.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
My Question: Outline how Vietnam veterans were treated and what they suffered afterwards.
Veterans were treated with anger and resentment from Australians and the denial of an official welcome from the government.

Suffered from:
- post-traumatic stress syndrome
- clinical depression and suicide
- financial hardships
- relationship breakdowns
- mental health problems
- impact of Agent Orange = cancer, birth abnormalties, etc.

Question: How is the Mabo Case significant to Aborigines?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
:mad1::mad1:my least favourite topic!

to include aboriginal in the cencus and the power to make decision for all aboriginal.

Just a point to make clear here - it was to give the federal government the power to make decisions on aboriginal affairs.

At the time of Federation the constitution didn't mention Aboriginal Affairs and so theywere left with the states and as I am sure you know we can only change the constitution needed a referendum. The 1967 referendum took Aboriginal Affairs from the states and specifically made Aboriginal Affairs a Federal area of responsibility.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Outline two views on Australia's military involvement in Vietnam.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
policy of forward defense, war is necessary to prevent spread of communism
its a civil conflict, australia has no relation

What are the policies employed in regards iwth Aboriginals and when were the implemented?

muzeikchun852

HSC
policy of forward defense, war is necessary to prevent spread of communism
its a civil conflict, australia has no relation

What are the policies employed in regards iwth Aboriginals and when were the implemented?
pateralism - 1901-1914
protectionlism - 1914
assmilation - 1940s
integration 1965
self-determination - 1972

question: role of ANZUS!

muzeikchun852

HSC
argument for:
  • ANZUS spirit
  • communism is against religion
  • domino effect
against:
  • none of australia's business
  • immoral war - television
  • why should our boys fight a war thousands of km away?
question same as #9

lychnobity

HSC
Explain the significance of the Petrov Affair

muzeikchun852

HSC
Explain the significance of the Petrov Affair
u have to answer someone else question before u ask another one.

anyway, i will answer it. Vladimir Petrov, a communist from russia, was defeated. he claimed that the soviet union was running a spy ring in australia. therefore, australia forced mrs petrov back to soviet union, in case she was a spy, at the end, she was taken off and granted political asylum.

back to my question: role of ANZUS!

supre

HSC
anzus is a military alliance between 3 countries- Australia , new zealand and the US and these countries work together to prevent any attacks on the countries in asia pacific region.

My turn: describe Australia's role in peacekeeping in the UN.

Last edited:

muzeikchun852

HSC
My turn: describe Australia's role in peacekeeping in the UN.
aim to preserve peace and remove causes of conflict by encouraging economic, social, educational. respect each nation, settle disputes peacefully.

australia provides peacekeeping and humanitarian aid in many countries, ranging from Afghanistan to zimbawe.

question: describe one technology feature of one decade.

supre

HSC
question: describe one technology feature of one decade.
ok, i am going to do 1950s. in this decade televisions were very popular among the baby boomer generation as they were teenagers and were very much influenced by American culture through TV.

My turn: describe the experiences in Australia for a migrant group in the post war period.

muzeikchun852

HSC
ok, i am going to do 1950s. in this decade televisions were very popular among the baby boomer generation as they were teenagers and were very much influenced by American culture through TV.

My turn: describe the experiences in Australia for a migrant group in the post war period.
menzies govt's white policy continued the immigration program introduced by the chifley govt. asian countries criticised the policy.australia govt made individual agreements with countries in europe. by 1960s, the dictation test ended and non-europeans started to migrate to australia.

question: explain why australia turn against the vietnam war.

supre

HSC
question: explain why australia turn against the vietnam war.
well , the Vietnam war was considered to be a television war, where everything going on in the war was shown on TV 'uncensored' and also because the body bags to the dead Australian soldiers entering Darwin were shown on TV every night. so organisations like SOS (save our sons) were set up to bring the Vietnam veterans back home.

My turn: specifically describe John kerrs role in the whitlam dismissal and how it was entirely his decision to do so.

muzeikchun852

HSC
My turn: specifically describe John kerrs role in the whitlam dismissal and how it was entirely his decision to do so.
i didnt do the whitlam dismiss and john kerrs. i did the republicanism and paul keating. so i will just change the question a bit.

specifically describe Paul Keating role in the republicanism and how it was entirely his decision to do so.

paul keating had a long parliamentary career which included an eight-years tint as federal treasurer and a five year term as prime ministers. keating gave a speech during the queen's visit to australia in 1992 in which he referred australia's outlook being "necessarily independent".

in april 1993, keating apoointed a republic advisory committe to examine the options for an australian republic.

in 1999, the referendum for republican held. the first question asked whether australia should become a republic with a president appointed by parliament. the second question was as to whether the constitution should changed to insert a preable.

both of them is unsuccessful, with 55% voting no.

QUESTION: describe one group of people effect due to vietname war.

itszen

HSC
i didnt do the whitlam dismiss and john kerrs. i did the republicanism and paul keating. so i will just change the question a bit.

specifically describe Paul Keating role in the republicanism and how it was entirely his decision to do so.

paul keating had a long parliamentary career which included an eight-years tint as federal treasurer and a five year term as prime ministers. keating gave a speech during the queen's visit to australia in 1992 in which he referred australia's outlook being "necessarily independent".

in april 1993, keating apoointed a republic advisory committe to examine the options for an australian republic.

in 1999, the referendum for republican held. the first question asked whether australia should become a republic with a president appointed by parliament. the second question was as to whether the constitution should changed to insert a preable.

both of them is unsuccessful, with 55% voting no.

QUESTION: describe one group of people effect due to vietname war.
Women was strongly effected by the Vietnam War as opposition mounted, this wave of 'rebellionness' came into effect and women across Australia started protesting both the Vietnam war (Save Our Sons) and of their unequal rights in Australia at that time. And for the first time in the 60s, saw women coming out to the streets with skirts above the knee which was considered obscene at those time and women having promiscuous sex and breaking off their religious influence as the 60s had.

My turn: Explain how Gough Whitlam revolutionized Australia in the 70s.

Last edited:

mastistar

HSC
My turn: Explain how Gough Whitlam revolutionized Australia in the 70s.

I will try to answer it...I dunno if Iam right as i did this off my head and didnt use the book!

In thje 1970s Gough Whitlam introduced many bills that we now dont even recognise that he had implemented it. These include the ' Same job same pay ' and the right for women to vote. He had successfully made Universities free for everyone as he believed that Uni should be for everyone and not just for the rich but also the smart and poor of the nation. But universities were back to the old cliche pay to learn after Whitlam was sacked.

My question: What did the freedom ride set out to achive?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)