Anyone apply for St Marys Senior? (1 Viewer)

Jusskah

HSC
Any idea when we find out if we're in? I didn't apply for any other schools so if I don't get in I'm gonna have a bit o' trouble. -_- ahahah.

If you did apply, what subjects?! I'm hopefully doing English Advanced + Extension, Japanese, French, Visual Arts, Photography, Visual Design, Digital Imaging and that Studio Drawing one.

autumn-angel

HSC
I think by next month we find out, I heard the interviews are going on at the moment. But interviews are for those who they arent sure of enrolling.
For st marys I chose differently than what I am deciding to do at the moment, I chose:

Physics
Chemistry
Advanced English
2U Maths
IPT
Sotware design and development

But I want to do something totally different now...

Last edited:

Jusskah

HSC
Oh? I'd assumed everyone would be interviewed. I guess that's good for me, I'm absolutely horrible at interviews D: Plus I guess it'd take ageeess...

Yeah, I'm still unsure about my subjects. I need more units to use D: Right now I have 15 >< But I can't bare to part with any of the subjects I have right now...

vongSTAA

HSC
So did anyone here make it?

Thankfully enough I received the letter saying I have a place for enrollment, and as far as I know not everyone has to, or is going to get interviewed - I think it's just the people they're not sure about accepting.

Also did everyone who didn't make it get a pink slip? A few people I know who applied but didn't get accepted, received a pink slip instead which you just sign to notify the school that you still want to be considered in case someone drops out.

I heard around 1400 people applied this year (off someone I know that goes there) and 460 people got accepted o_o Thats heaps mang lol.

XShiv

HSC
Yeah i got in, but im pretty sure im not going to go...

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
vongSTAA said:
So did anyone here make it?

Thankfully enough I received the letter saying I have a place for enrollment, and as far as I know not everyone has to, or is going to get interviewed - I think it's just the people they're not sure about accepting.

Also did everyone who didn't make it get a pink slip? A few people I know who applied but didn't get accepted, received a pink slip instead which you just sign to notify the school that you still want to be considered in case someone drops out.

I heard around 1400 people applied this year (off someone I know that goes there) and 460 people got accepted o_o Thats heaps mang lol.
i dont think they interview anyone.
and yeah they send a blue slip if you get in
and a pink if ur on the waiting list

XShiv

HSC
Just wonmdering hows the crowd and atmosphere there?

zeam

HSC
N/A
st marys senior is a shit school, the teachers dont give a shit what you do, theres a lot of 'popular' kids, drugs and too many fucking asians to boot

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
zeam said:
st marys senior is a shit school, the teachers dont give a shit what you do, theres a lot of 'popular' kids, drugs and too many fucking asians to boot
too bad you only got 2 parts right :p [the asian part]
and the popular part

zeam

HSC
N/A
no im pretty sure everything i said is right about that school

Jusskah

HSC
From what I gathered, provisional placement just means that they've got a spot for you. You haven't formally enrolled yet, so they can't say "You're in!".

Woah, 1400 o_o I didn't think that many applied. I think about 8 people from my school applied, and we all got in, so I pretty much assumed that it wasn't that difficult to get in, ahahah.

And yes to the asians, I'm like the only white person from my school to apply >_> Plus I felt so ridiculously white at the open day.

autumn-angel

HSC
yeah i heard people were geting interviewed, however i heard wrong and yes i got a blue slip
everyone that applied at my school got in too

vongSTAA

HSC
Jusskah said:
From what I gathered, provisional placement just means that they've got a spot for you. You haven't formally enrolled yet, so they can't say "You're in!".

Woah, 1400 o_o I didn't think that many applied. I think about 8 people from my school applied, and we all got in, so I pretty much assumed that it wasn't that difficult to get in, ahahah.

And yes to the asians, I'm like the only white person from my school to apply >_> Plus I felt so ridiculously white at the open day.
Well just remember that there's a lot of people from many different schools that apply, some schools only have a few people whilst others have heaps. And that number doesn't overly surprise me lol. About 15 applied from my school, only 4 got in (my school is kind of sped though so yeah).

As if it's a shit school lol. What's wrong with there being heaps of asians? =/ (I'm asian soooo....) and teachers do give a shit - like you can't just go and bash some kid and not expect to get something for it. But if you wanna fail your exams then the teachers won't care, but it's not like they won't help you if you ask for it.

Though I do agree there's a lot of teenyboppers and hardkunts.

kevin.huynh

HSC
yups i made it
so relieve aswell since i didnt enroll anywhere else =\
lol

@who

HSC
fucken worst school. Most ppl that xfered there last year regret it, some of them even ventured back.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
rofl
most?

there were less than 10 ppl that left.

Jusskah

HSC
Hahhaah my friends were telling me about that maths quiz. No maths for me, I didn't even go to that section >_>

I was pretty annoyed though because I went on the Tuesday and when putting in my subjects I was distinctly told 'There's no way you're doing 14 units' and I had to drop down to 13, but then my friends who went the next day got to do 14 no hassle :/ Ughh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)