If you're changing schools how do you tell your current school? (1 Viewer)

ctpengage

HSC
hey guys

im leaving my current school.
what do i have to do.
do i tell the school that i'm leaving and write a letter or something?
how far out from end of year?

thanks guys

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
go to the front office ans say "I am leaving, what do I need to do?", every school is different

rolror88

HSC
N/A
IF your school has an enrolment secretary, or something like that, I'd write a letter to them saying that you no longer wish to continue your senior school education with them, or something alon those lines. I guess its up to you; if you go to a private school or somethiing like that, you should do it asap so that the school can notify another person who might want to join the school in 09.

ctpengage

HSC
z600 said:
go to the front office ans say "I am leaving, what do I need to do?", every school is different
well procedure for a selective school here i.e. fortstreet

rolror88

HSC
N/A
ctpengage said:
well procedure for a selective school here i.e. fortstreet

If you wanna be polite and fair, I'd do it asap, cause I'm guessing that there are guys waiting on the reserve list for year 11 09.

vongSTAA

HSC
Well since the school I'm going to move to next year requires you to get your principals signature and a comment on the application, my school just found out that way and later asked everyone who applied to tell them if they made it or not.

But I guess the best way would be to go to the office and ask, or maybe even see your principal/year coordinator.

ctpengage

HSC
vongSTAA said:
Well since the school I'm going to move to next year requires you to get your principals signature and a comment on the application, my school just found out that way and later asked everyone who applied to tell them if they made it or not.

But I guess the best way would be to go to the office and ask, or maybe even see your principal/year coordinator.
this is during the application process rite? not after uv been accepted?or rejected?

G

gmail92

I go to Girra, and I'm leaving next year for Baulko. I think the principal said that you should write them a letter that you may not attend the next year,, as they need some physical evidence to offer someone a placement at the school next year.

haha,, apparently the principal said that 350 students applied for year 11 2009 at Girra O.O

EDIT: writing the letter at the moment. i dunno what to write in it though,, it has like 2 lines of actual content ><

Last edited by a moderator:

vongSTAA

HSC
ctpengage said:
this is during the application process rite? not after uv been accepted?or rejected?
Well both, because since I and several other people applied for St Marys Senior High we gave our applications to the principal directly and so they knew there were some people who might be leaving.

Like a few weeks later around the time letters came out to tell you if you made it or not, the Director of Studies just asked everyone who did or didn't make it to St Marys to tell them if they were going or not.

As for people just moving to another school where they'll get accepted most likely , I think they just told the office?

suzlee

HSC
I'm leaving my school next year.
I went to the main reception at my school and they gave me a weird "student clearance form"... It's got stuff like location after leaving and contact details after leaving; and I also have to go around and collect signatures from my year-cordinator, the canteen manager, music director, the librarian and the principal..
I guess they wanted to fill out the white blank space at the bottom of the form by demanding useless information. I mean...let's be serious....the CANTEEN manager?? I honestly don't know why they'd want the canteen manager to know that I'm leaving.

Anyway, that was my story. Go and ask the reception.

ctpengage

HSC
suzlee said:
I'm leaving my school next year.
I went to the main reception at my school and they gave me a weird "student clearance form"... It's got stuff like location after leaving and contact details after leaving; and I also have to go around and collect signatures from my year-cordinator, the canteen manager, music director, the librarian and the principal..
I guess they wanted to fill out the white blank space at the bottom of the form by demanding useless information. I mean...let's be serious....the CANTEEN manager?? I honestly don't know why they'd want the canteen manager to know that I'm leaving.

Anyway, that was my story. Go and ask the reception.
what school was this? do u have to write a letter as well?

ctpengage

HSC
so basically for a government selective, ie. fort street what would be the most appropriate thing to do? write a letter to the principal? in the letter do you hav to explain stuff, like where your going and why?

dr phil1

HSC
ctpengage said:
hey guys

im leaving my current school.
what do i have to do.
do i tell the school that i'm leaving and write a letter or something?
how far out from end of year?

thanks guys

who cares! if your leaving you wont hav to see them again therefore you wont get in trouble so just leave. its their problem to sort out

suzlee

HSC
ctpengage said:
what school was this? do u have to write a letter as well?

Stella Maris College.
Yes, my parents have to write a letter explaining the same thing on the form..

ctpengage

HSC
dr phil1 said:
who cares! if your leaving you wont hav to see them again therefore you wont get in trouble so just leave. its their problem to sort out
not if you still need the principal to approve certain things later on in the year.

G

gmail92

It is usually best to write the letter ASAP, since the school has to offer positions to students who want to get into that school.

Basically the letter says you will not attend the school next year, because you have been successful in applying for another school. Well thats what I wrote anyways.

My parents were too bloody lazy to write the letter...so i had to do it =/

ctpengage

HSC
gmail92 said:
It is usually best to write the letter ASAP, since the school has to offer positions to students who want to get into that school.

Basically the letter says you will not attend the school next year, because you have been successful in applying for another school. Well thats what I wrote anyways.

My parents were too bloody lazy to write the letter...so i had to do it =/
if possible you mind posting it here or the gist of it so i can like have an idea of what to do? or ne1 elses for that matter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)