School Certificate (1 Viewer)

is2buddaflies

madness the magnet
HSC
What is the poitn of it? Im moving schools for yr11 and thats y im working my ass of :L. newaii i was wondering if the teachers even bother looking at it?

HSC
is2buddaflies said:
What is the poitn of it? Im moving schools for yr11 and thats y im working my ass of :L. newaii i was wondering if the teachers even bother looking at it?
well obviously they bother looking at it..

and its for those who are leaving school in year 10
and i think it's a requirement for year 11

michael1990

HSC
is2buddaflies said:
The point of it is to see how well you would do in those subjects in years 11 and 12.
Such as Mathematics, English, Science and History.
People leaving in year 10.
Test your knowledge you have learnt throughout years 7,8,9 and 10.
If you want to get into a selective high school it matters.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
is2buddaflies said:

As a teacher yes we do look at it, particularly with students new to the school. Almost the first question I ask any new History students is their SC History results so I get a quick idea of their standard.

is2buddaflies

madness the magnet
HSC
cem said:
As a teacher yes we do look at it, particularly with students new to the school. Almost the first question I ask any new History students is their SC History results so I get a quick idea of their standard.
so, if someone had average marks and did a ext. course would you approach the student differently even ifthey were getting abv average marks in yr 11?

keenith

HSC
since people leave school at year 10 so they placed an 'Award/Test' take they can put on their resume and stuff like that and the SC is an acknowledgment that you have completed standard higher education

keenith

HSC
BHS10 said:
i heard today that this year is the last year to do it and that they're gonna be introducing some other text next year..
they scrapped that idea

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
is2buddaflies said:
so, if someone had average marks and did a ext. course would you approach the student differently even ifthey were getting abv average marks in yr 11?[/QUOTE}

As I would be asking them on Day 1 Year 11 to get some idea of what their standard is at the beginning of Year 11 it what kind of marks they were getting throughout Year 11 wouldn't matter (by the time they are getting any type of assessment marks I would have a very good idea of their ability).

As the term/s unfolded then I would be judging based on what I see for myself.

It would help me fit the student into the work that I'm planning on doing for the first few weeks, until I have a really good idea of their ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)