Urgent: Do I Believe The "don't Study" Hype? (1 Viewer)

neon766

HSC
every one in year 11+ is telling me that the SC is the biggest waste of time ever. But i don't know 100% what to expect or what to believe... i'm scared that if i go into the SC thinking it's breezy i might be in for a massive epic fail.

is it percieved as easy because ppl are prepared for it mentally and academically? or is it just EASY.. as in.. common knowledge, core syllabus stuff?

i haven't studied at all so far. all your replies will influence my decision to study or not.

i feel very uneasy about the whole thing.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
who gives a shit about the sc

think about this, once ur in uni noone tcares abt your hsc results.

imagine comparing sc to hsc.

its nothing. dont bother

HSC
meh..i tried to study today but i kept procrastinating by watching beethoven virus hahaha

Dyldodeath

HSC
i didnt much
i mean except maths there isnt really any knowledge involved... just a load of comprehension

pointless

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I think that in comparison to the HSC, yes it is easy, common knowledge etc.
However,
it is our biggest exam so far.
No, the results will not affect your future in any way, but if you think about it, has ANY exam? Yet we still study for them right?
I think that if you are the type of person who gets satisfaction from good marks, then study. If you feel guilty for not studying, study. No, getting band 6's will not get you into medicine, but it might give you that personal "yay", I studied for something and it paid off. It gives you an indication of how well you deal with a lot of exams all at once, ways you can change your study habits for yr 11, etc.
Saying that, if you do study and go poorly, its not a big deal at all.
And if you dont care at all, and don't study at all, then.. just burn the paper as soon as you get it/bury it in the backyard/smother it in peanut butter and feed it to the dog.. etc etc. :D

neon766

HSC
Deer said:
I think that in comparison to the HSC, yes it is easy, common knowledge etc.
However,
it is our biggest exam so far.
No, the results will not affect your future in any way, but if you think about it, has ANY exam? Yet we still study for them right?
I think that if you are the type of person who gets satisfaction from good marks, then study. If you feel guilty for not studying, study. No, getting band 6's will not get you into medicine, but it might give you that personal "yay", I studied for something and it paid off. It gives you an indication of how well you deal with a lot of exams all at once, ways you can change your study habits for yr 11, etc.
Saying that, if you do study and go poorly, its not a big deal at all.
And if you dont care at all, and don't study at all, then.. just burn the paper as soon as you get it/bury it in the backyard/smother it in peanut butter and feed it to the dog.. etc etc. :D
that was useful.. lol. well looks like i'll jsut have to go with the peanut butter dog feeding method.. lol. ever thoguht about being a youth counsellor??? ;)

smushieex

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
meh..i tried to study today but i kept procrastinating by watching beethoven virus hahaha
beethoven virus? looool. awesome.

I tried studying simply because I'd feel like crap if I didn't. yeah, a bit weird. =S

troongy

HSC
smushieex said:
beethoven virus? looool. awesome.

I tried studying simply because I'd feel like crap if I didn't. yeah, a bit weird. =S
Lol. I tried to study as well. But, i didn't get anywhere. Too Many distractions. Mainly Dota and Soompi. xD

p.s heyy, shinee fan. Minho ftw ! :)

ronskiess

HSC
troongy said:
Lol. I tried to study as well. But, i didn't get anywhere. Too Many distractions. Mainly Dota and Soompi. xD
Yeh, a lot of distractions, i play wow a lot eh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)