Treaties related to foreign aid? (1 Viewer)

Aznmichael92

HSC
well i dont know but i wrote un declaration of human rights in my trial and was given full marks. I said it the treaty was about helping others and sustaining human rights.

Jumper :^)

HSC
rolror88 said:
I wouldn't think that there is a treaty concerning Aid...
That's what I eventually came to decide. But apparently I'm meant to know about "treaties and agreements related to the link"....

rolror88

HSC
N/A
Jumper :^) said:
That's what I eventually came to decide. But apparently I'm meant to know about "treaties and agreements related to the link"....

Agreements is different

I think ODA is considered as an agreement.

For e.g. Australia's gives most of its ODA to Asia, with PNG being the highest recipient (or however you describe it) There's consultation between Australia and the country ODA is being given to.

I hope I'm right lol (I have a feeling I'm wrong somewhere)

keenith

HSC
isnt ANZUS and SEATO technically aid cause we aid those countries in need of help in war ???

Aznmichael92

HSC
keenith said:
isnt ANZUS and SEATO technically aid cause we aid those countries in need of help in war ???
i think that is under defence

I think ODA is an agreement for aid

Somnolence

HSC
keenith said:
Would an examiner accept that? I don't think aid covers assistance in war. Perhaps if the assistance is humanitarian aid during war, but those treaties don't really relate to humanitarian aid, they're more about the provision of troops/defence vehicles/etc.

Brontecat

HSC
keenith said:
SEATOs counted, Australia only joined in for reasons of defence but it still applies to general.

South East Asia Treaty Organisation

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Hm. I'm not sure. My focus link is trade, so I'm using APEC as my main treaty.
I dont think ANZUS/SEATO would be one, maybe Colombo Plan? THat is entirely human rights based. Or involvement in WHO/UNESCO? Even though these are only un conventions..

simple-love-x3

HSC
papua new guinea- under a development cooperatioon treaty- stipulates up to 300mil to be delivered each year.
in addition to that, have the enhanced cooperation program that provides people to run the country. =D apparently png is the only country where australian aid program is guided by international treaty.

Last edited:

Jumper :^)

HSC
simple-love-x3 said:
papua new guinea- under a development cooperatioon treaty- stipulates up to 300mil to be delivered each year.
in addition to that, have the enhanced cooperation program that provides people to run the country. =D appearently png is the only country where australian aid program is guided by international treaty.
AHA! I found it! Thanks so much! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)