anyone need any help in history?.. (1 Viewer)

Riot09

HSC
im ranked 1st in history so if you need any help for the history 2009 sc or past papers just post them below ill reply within a few hours if you post it starting now 3:3o pm

Riot09

HSC
Ill put some notes for the light topic .

Notes:physics waves/energy/light

Energy and Waves
Energy: The ability to do work. Work = Force x Displacement. Energy can be neither created, nor destroyed.

Types of Energy:
Light, Heat, Sound, Kinetic, Solar, Nuclear, Chemical, Potential, Geothermal, Electrical, Elastic, Gravitational. Some sources of energy are:
• Fossil Fuels
• Wind/Solar/Tidal
• Radioactive materials
• Food

Waves: A distortion in a medium or material where the individual parts of the material cycle back and forth, or up and down, but the wave itself moves through the material.

Transverse Waves
An up and down motion, for example:
A vibrating guitar string
Electromagnetic/Light waves
A mexican wave (Good old Mrs. Walker)

Compression Waves
A back and forth motion, for example:
Sound waves
A stretched slinky
AC electricity (Electrons move back and forth in a wire sending a wave of electric current down the wire)

Physics
The Wave Model
• Wave length => distance between crests or ‘bumps’
• Frequency => The number of cycles that pass a given point per second
• Transverse Waves => Particles move up and down
• Longitudinal Waves => Particles move side-to-side
• [Order of sizes of waves] Gamma => X-rays => UV => Visible => Infrared => Microwaves => Radio
• Gamma rays kill cancer cells
• X-rays can penetrate the flesh but not the bone, to enable the user to indentify broken bones
• UV rays kill bacteria
• Visible light allows people to see, during the day and night
• Microwaves can use satellites to communicate around the world

Light Energy
• White light is made up of all the colours of the rainbow
• Absorption => Light is ‘absorbed’ by the surface (black absorbs all colours)
o E.g. Green paper; would absorb red, orange, yellow, blue, indigo and violet, and only reflect green light into our eyes
• Reflection => Angle of incidence = Angle of reflection
o E.g. Mirror; if you look into the at 45°, you would be able to see up to 90° from where you are standing
• Refraction => Bends the light through a certain material (e.g. glass)
o E.g. A glass filled with water would bend light, as the light must travel through it to reach the other side

Riot09

HSC
be sprcific for this topic is it concering refraction,lenses types or the wave theory and the electro magnetic spectrum or all of the above if so ill write the the first blog-book on light.(i read alot of science books and doing the 3 sciences next year

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
hey, can you help me assess the significance of gough whitlam?

Riot09

HSC
The significance of gough whitlam was that he was in the very centre of what most modern scholers consider,to be was proberly the most dramatic event in the history of Australian federal politics.

The whitlam dismissal highlighted the Constitutional significance of the Governor General,because No one thought those powers would be used, even if they thought they existed.The very fact that the governor general could sack a democratically elected government was very controversial among politicians,in the media and the general public (or as i call it the big 3 which i use to connect my points and highlight the cause and effect of what happened in history or in short answers or essays.it makes the writing longer and sound like you covered a whole lot in youre response so try it if you can) and as a result the dismissal changed the nature of politics,Party politics became more aggressive and less friendly than before the dismissal.

Which just highlighted the great impact this had on the national stage.In conclusion(the question says to asses the significance after all) the whitlam dismissal was a very controversial and shocking event in Australian history which led to many,people questioning the morality,powere-play and ethics of what the role of the governor general and Australian politics.

please give me a mark and post comment

Last edited:

lychnobity

HSC
The significance of gough whitlam was that he was in the very centre of what most modern scholers consider,to be was proberly the most dramatic event in the history of Australian federal politics.The whitlam dismissal highlighted the Constitutional significance of the Governor General,because No one thought those powers would be used, even if they thought they existed.The very fact that the governor general could sack a democratically elected government was very controversial among politicians,in the media and the general public and as a result (or as i call it the big 3 which i use to connect my points and highlight the cause and effect of what happened in history or in short answers or essays.it makes the writing longer and sound like you covered a whole lot in youre response so try it if you can) and as a result the dismissal changed the nature of politics,Party politics became more aggressive and less friendly than before the dismissal.Which just highlighted the great impact this had on the national stage.In conclusion(the question says to asses the significance after all) the whitlam dismissal was a very controversial and shocking event in Australian history which led to many,people questioning the morality,powere-play and ethics of what the role of the governor general and Australian politics.

please give me a mark and post comment
Write in paragraphs, and people might reconsider

supre

HSC
explain john kerr's role in the dismissal of the whitlam government please...

sparrow2

HSC
hey um i need help with Australia link with the Aisan countries and i dont get East timor and how they became independent in 1975

Riot09

HSC
hey um i need help with Australia link with the Aisan countries and i dont get East timor and how they became independent in 1975 ..sounds like geography.if soi feel soory for you because i wrote a speech on Australia's foreign aid links but i did it on indonesia and east-timor(not the independent thing i just touched on it briefly).

but anyway ill give you points for Australian links with "the asian countries" again iv'e said this before to other bloggers be specific and very precise on youre qustion,because you only have to answer the question present not write a whole thesis in tests and assesment tasks.

Australia link with the Aisan countries-these are points-just articulate and research them

-Australia trades with china and maintains a import/export relationship for x and y (you fill in the blanks)

-Australia took in many refugees during the vietnam war and continues to allow migrant in the country from asia

-the economic relationship with asia plays a crucial role in Australia's economic properity

the down side is

-Asian countries such as china have a disgraceful human rights record espicially the tieannamen(i know i can't spell im retarted) square massacre and its current issue with tibet

-Be more precise with youre qustion so i can answer it with more precision.

timeline of east timor-google its not very hard to fiqure out right now i cant be bothered reading a whole nation history from the 1950's ill do it later.And sincerly, you wrote "get East timor and how they became independent in 1975 " is that literal as in you have no idea or do you want to discus it.As in how did that happen for example the kenndy assasination everyone know he got shot but noboddy knew why or who shot him so if its in that context,just write it.

Riot09

HSC

iv already discussed the significanceso if you want to know his role/impact ill write it here i did charles perkins so this is a good exercise for me 2.

The whitlam dismissal perhaps one of the most controrversial events in australian political histroy,was a very shocking affair for anyone living at the time.For the first time since Federation, the UNELECTED representative of the Queen had removed a government which commanded a majority in the House of Representatives. the governor-general sir jon kerr played a significant role in the event as 11 November 1975 he dismissed the democratically elected prime minister of the labour party Gough Whitlam and appointed Malcolm Fraser to form a caretaker government till the next election to be held.And as a reult he is best known for this act and the role he played in the whole affair which fiercely debated throughout the nation as fiercely in parliament as to the national papers.

supre

HSC

iv already discussed the significanceso if you want to know his role/impact ill write it here i did charles perkins so this is a good exercise for me 2.

The whitlam dismissal perhaps one of the most controrversial events in australian political histroy,was a very shocking affair for anyone living at the time.For the first time since Federation, the UNELECTED representative of the Queen had removed a government which commanded a majority in the House of Representatives. the governor-general sir jon kerr played a significant role in the event as 11 November 1975 he dismissed the democratically elected prime minister of the labour party Gough Whitlam and appointed Malcolm Fraser to form a caretaker government till the next election to be held.And as a reult he is best known for this act and the role he played in the whole affair which fiercely debated throughout the nation as fiercely in parliament as to the national papers.
thanks thats really helpful info for SC
:angel:

Riot09

HSC
i proberly dindn't finish off poetically enough as i call it,but seriously this is a grain of sand to the sahara desert that i owe for asking for you to do those math questions.And personally i didnt break sweat i just tried to remember one of my friends speeches he did not sir jon kerr and pretty much he fired the prime minister and the rest was just making it sound good enough for the board of studies.

sparrow2

HSC
hey your really smart in your history what school do you attend

Riot09

HSC
Birrong boys high school lol,not the best school in the world but i got a really good history teacher who explains everything before we do the questions so if i get stuck i just try remember what she said.Another factor is proberly just another personality trait of mine iv always been intrested in history,iv read a sea of books about ancient greec and their philosophers,wrote a pretty comprehensiv biography on Alexander the great and a report on u.f.o's.Its proberly just natural and i enjoy doing it and reading and writing in general so history pretty much up my avenue.Its kind of ironic because i personally find history so easy i've choson do to the 3 sciences next year because also like that aswell and i can read history anytime at will but to understand and apply science is a whole different areana,as im really interested in astrophysics and want to know the cause of the big-bang but to do that,just like einstein theirs a "bit of maths involved" which is a bit of a understatement.Whic is kind of ironic because its kind of a turn-off to some people and they avoid it entirely for that and religious reasons aswell but in the end it masks the beaty of a simple equation such as newtons laws which applies to every object in the universe except at the quantum level ofcourse but generally to everyday life to be unamazed or ignorent of these wonders is like as leonardo da vinci said it "being cows eating grass,without any knowledge of botany".Anyway thats my "humble'pinion i guess.(name dropper!!!)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
i proberly dindn't finish off poetically enough as i call it,but seriously this is a grain of sand to the sahara desert that i owe for asking for you to do those math questions.And personally i didnt break sweat i just tried to remember one of my friends speeches he did not sir jon kerr and pretty much he fired the prime minister and the rest was just making it sound good enough for the board of studies.
hahaha
but I had fun doing those maths questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)