Year10 Science Research Project Ideas? (1 Viewer)

pancoreyy

HSC
Hey guys!!!
Science Project Ideas everybody! I'm seriously like brain dead.
What did you guys do for your year 10 project?

Thanks for sharing

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If you really want to impress your teacher pick an experiment in Year 11 Physics, Chemistry or Biology and do it. That is, it will make it easier to understand next year assuming you are doing one or more sciences.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Hey guys!!!
Science Project Ideas everybody! I'm seriously like brain dead.
What did you guys do for your year 10 project?

Thanks for sharing
Last year I tested the effectiveness of lubricants and how certain lubricants could dramatically reduce surface tension. I got an awesome grade for that experiment. If you like, I could look for it for you. I know its somewhere in my house...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I did one on testing the power of various cleaning agents. Did pretty well.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do the write up well (with diagrams and photos and everything). I did mine on paper towel absorbency and got almost full marks. I know people to do weird as stuff and do well, like different flavours of jelly setting faster, the colour an icecube is on affecting melt rate etc.

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
i did one on different panadols and their effectiveness.
the best thing is you take a home brand version, an actual panadol, aspirin and advil. and the advil one has a gel casing and you see that that effects it.
what you do is, you take hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid, to mimic the stomach acid, and do it for all four :)

lienx3

HSC
I tested the acidity in different fruits using Ph indicator. Pretty simple and can get you good marks, depending on your report. :)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Last year I tested the effectiveness of lubricants and how certain lubricants could dramatically reduce surface tension. I got an awesome grade for that experiment. If you like, I could look for it for you. I know its somewhere in my house...
hahaha that made me laugh

I measured decay in fruits

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I did something similar to j-uhrig, in terms of fruit decay. I compared and contrasted different methods of fruit preservation, such as nothing, air-locking, drying, freezing, refrigeration, salting and cause I'm an Ancient Freak also Mummifying (in terms of fruit, no brain removing sadly) pieces of apple. Was fun, pictures are a must as are diagrams. It's important how you write the report, present your evidence etc rather than the actual experiment. Do something interesting and fun, and something that you'd enjoy! n_n

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It's great to see a Yr 10er in this forum. Good luck on research task.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Build a radioisotope nuclear reactor in your backyard. Other teenagers have done it before (see Google).

JAult

HSC
I did how different wavelengths of light affect the process of photosynthesis in aquatic plants. Got very good makes =)

norez

HSC
Effect of ph or temperature on the activity of rennin is quite easy- just get some milk and a junket tablet and you're set. (haha, pun??)

I did the bacterial growth of various types of milk. Full cream and skim (fresh and expired), fresh UHT and month old UHT. (DON'T DRINK UHT MILK- There was a giant dirty fungus in that stuff. )

kayla457

HSC
N/A
i did one on different panadols and their effectiveness.
the best thing is you take a home brand version, an actual panadol, aspirin and advil. and the advil one has a gel casing and you see that that effects it.
what you do is, you take hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid, to mimic the stomach acid, and do it for all four :)
how did you do this?? how much hydrochloric acid and how much sulfuric acid? how did you measure the effectiveness of the different panadols?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)