subject selection for y11!!Please help me:) (1 Viewer)

gahyunkk

HSC
Hello

i have to hand in my subject selection form tmr but i just want to know whether mine is good
currently, i already decided to do

1. ESL
2. Math ext1 - do 4u in y12
3. photography - just for filling one left unit&have to drop in y12
4. visual art - i enjoy hand drawing a lot
5. TAFE Tvet financial services (accounting) - i'm thinking of being accountant or some other jobs related with accounting and maybe financial as well.

and for last one 2units subject,
i'm considering among japanese continuer/business/economic

here's my info;
japanese continuer - im doing japanese beginner at the moment and i've got 99 in half-yearly report. But our school test is kinda easy i think.. 4-5 ppl got 100 in half yrly test. and one more advantages for me is my mum who has been studied in japan so she can teach me. Also i said 'i changed my mind to do economic instead of japanese' and our career adviser was like 'don't drop japanese. you can easily get high mark in it'. i know jap is easy for me than economic which requires some essays or reading newspaper etc.. even though i do enjoy learning japanese, i don't feel like it can be useful as a language.

economic - at first, i wanted to do economic (instead of japanese)with accounting cuz it can be good combie and helpful in uni as well, but today my esl english teacher said there was no student in our school(ranking: 8-90s) who have got band6 in economic in last 10year!!(not sure whether it's only for international students or whole students) anyway, if i have to choose between business and economic, i should choose economic cuz it seems like more interesting for me and useful in uni as well.

business -
i know that business is easy to get high mark(like..90s..? well, dunno exactly..) and can slightly be helpful in uni..?

So... CHOOSE ONE PLEASE!!!:) oh and i'm aiming for atar 95+ (not sure but at least 90+)

Last edited:

HSC
Do you have any idea on what you want to do when you finish high school? although you still have a while to go! My opinion would be that photography would be a waste of time considering it is not a board developed subject and does not count if you are aiming for a HSC. Although alot of my friends do TAFE and find it hard to catch up with the days they miss. And art is ALOT of work with the major assignments etc. If you love it then definitely so it though. I would recommend economics out of the 2 because it links well with accounting if you decide to do that, although is quite hard apparently, business would be similar. Do what ever interests you the most and whatever you think you might need as prerequisites for uni if you decide to go. Keep your options open

gahyunkk

HSC
Do you have any idea on what you want to do when you finish high school? although you still have a while to go! My opinion would be that photography would be a waste of time considering it is not a board developed subject and does not count if you are aiming for a HSC. Although alot of my friends do TAFE and find it hard to catch up with the days they miss. And art is ALOT of work with the major assignments etc. If you love it then definitely so it though. I would recommend economics out of the 2 because it links well with accounting if you decide to do that, although is quite hard apparently, business would be similar. Do what ever interests you the most and whatever you think you might need as prerequisites for uni if you decide to go. Keep your options open
thank you for your reply!
if i dont do photography, i have to do 13units so that's the problem!:(
and i'm still thinking between economic & japanese (X business studies)
jap is good for my high atar and i know that eco will be good for prerequisties for uni....
thats why im confusing now:( T.T

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Thank you for the information you have provided us because it would give us a better estimate of what you enjoy. If I were you, I'd stick with Japanese in the HSC because there are many benefits for you. You have mentioned your mother's ability to help you and your own ability in Japanese. Don't waste a gift that you have. Use it too your full potential if yo really enjoy Japanese.

Atef

HSC
If your a maths type person i could suggest doing
Maths Ext 1
Physics
Chemistry
Business Studies
Esl / Standard English
IPT ( easy subject to score band 6)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)