Chances for me to make into Hurlstone Agriculture High School! (1 Viewer)

1stReader

HSC
N/A
I am currently year 7 in a partially selective school.
Half yearly report: English 83/100, Mathematics 90/100, Science 88/100, Geography 83/100, History 92/100, Technology 77/100, Music 87/100, Visual Arts 84/100 and PDHPE 77/100.

Awards that I received.
-Gold Award for NSW Premier's Sporting Challenge.
-2010 Premier's Reading Challenge.
-Fairfield/Horsley District Debating 2012.
-Certificate of Recognition.
-Certificate of Participation in the South Western Region Stage Right Primary Drama Camp.
-Performing Arts Award 2012 Debating.
-2012 Premier's Debating Challenge for Years 5 and 6.
-2011 NSW Premier's Reading Challenge.
-PSSA Boys Basketball Award.
-School Bronze, Silver, Gold and Blue award (Blue is the high award you can get).
-2 x Outstanding achievement in all learning areas.

Trophies

-Came 3rd in Kindergarten. (Chinese)
-Came 2nd place for final examination of Term 2. (Chinese)
-Came 1st for final examination of Term 4. (Chinese)
-Won the 2012 Moon festival Drawing Competition. (Chinese)
-2nd Place in Debating in 2012 (School)

Badgers
-Bronze, Silver, Gold and Blue Badgers.
-House Captain

Medals
-2008 Academic Excellence in all key learning areas.
-2010 Academic Excellence in all key learning areas.
-Debating 2012

Sorry if I'm not in year 9 or 10.

MissyL

HSC
Eh your reports aren't really spectacular but it's still alright I guess. But really really solid co curriculars! Like extremely solid especially for someone that young!! Good job. Right now I'd say you're looking at a 60-85% chance of moving. The range is big because your chances vary due to how many admissions Hurlstone makes. If the worst happens and you don't make it, don't worry just try harder for reports and perhaps add even MORE co curriculars.

1stReader

HSC
N/A
Hey MissyL, so for the report what am I trying to aim for so it can be spectacular? I did the entrance exam yesterday and found maths was normal-hard and english was easy-normal. Didn't you try out for Hurlstone? I think I saw it somewhere. There were around 120 year 7's trying out.

wtfnoob123

HSC
I am currently year 7 in a partially selective school.
Half yearly report: English 83/100, Mathematics 90/100, Science 88/100, Geography 83/100, History 92/100, Technology 77/100, Music 87/100, Visual Arts 84/100 and PDHPE 77/100.

Awards that I received.
-Gold Award for NSW Premier's Sporting Challenge.
-2010 Premier's Reading Challenge.
-Fairfield/Horsley District Debating 2012.
-Certificate of Recognition.
-Certificate of Participation in the South Western Region Stage Right Primary Drama Camp.
-Performing Arts Award 2012 Debating.
-2012 Premier's Debating Challenge for Years 5 and 6.
-2011 NSW Premier's Reading Challenge.
-PSSA Boys Basketball Award.
-School Bronze, Silver, Gold and Blue award (Blue is the high award you can get).
-2 x Outstanding achievement in all learning areas.

Trophies

-Came 3rd in Kindergarten. (Chinese)
-Came 2nd place for final examination of Term 2. (Chinese)
-Came 1st for final examination of Term 4. (Chinese)
-Won the 2012 Moon festival Drawing Competition. (Chinese)
-2nd Place in Debating in 2012 (School)

Badgers
-Bronze, Silver, Gold and Blue Badgers.
-House Captain

Medals
-2008 Academic Excellence in all key learning areas.
-2010 Academic Excellence in all key learning areas.
-Debating 2012

Sorry if I'm not in year 9 or 10.
Solid amount of activities , although personally, I would put recent activities as many schools mostly care about recent achievements, if you miss out this year, you wil have other opportunities.

MissyL

HSC
Hey MissyL, so for the report what am I trying to aim for so it can be spectacular? I did the entrance exam yesterday and found maths was normal-hard and english was easy-normal. Didn't you try out for Hurlstone? I think I saw it somewhere. There were around 120 year 7's trying out.
Well for a spectacular report imo is straight A's or almost straight A's 1 or 2 B's and even perhaps some top ten in some subjects. That's good that you didn't find the test hard and nope I didn't try out for Hurlstone haha and that's alot of year 7s wow... But keep in mind, not 120 year sevens will have your beast amounts of co-currics, trophies etc. probably 5 and maximum 10 year 7s might have an application that is similar to yours.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Woah I know people that have made it with lesser achievements then that

1stReader

HSC
N/A
I'm just worried for the maths section. Is 85% or 90% an A? Hope I get an interview at least reserve. :D

MissyL

HSC
I'm just worried for the maths section. Is 85% or 90% an A? Hope I get an interview at least reserve. :D
Well don't worry exactly how well you performed on the test, worry about how well you performed on the test in comparison to every other person who did the test and again not 120 year 7's would get 80%+

theenglishkid12

HSC
Well don't worry exactly how well you performed on the test, worry about how well you performed on the test in comparison to every other person who did the test and again not 120 year 7's would get 80%+
i agree, your extra-cirricular's are AMAZING - and by the way, all the "top students" usually try for those top 10 schools, not saying that Hurlstone is bad, but usually, if a person was really HIGH in terms of achievments, they would go for NSB..Ruse.. and those top tier ones.

1stReader

HSC
N/A
i agree, your extra-cirricular's are AMAZING - and by the way, all the "top students" usually try for those top 10 schools, not saying that Hurlstone is bad, but usually, if a person was really HIGH in terms of achievments, they would go for NSB..Ruse.. and those top tier ones.
Well, when I was in year 6 my selective score was 190, couldn't make it to any high tiers ones. I looked back at the work I did in year 5 and 6, and I felt like an idiot. Hurlstone score was like 203 to get into. D:

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I should let you know that it is mandatory to do Agriculture for HSC for all students now at HAHS

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
year 7 to year 8... hmm
Hurlstone typically only has at most 5 spots
I think it was about 3 in the year I tried out ;-

(yeah I failed Hurlstone twice then gave up...)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Schools with a lack of diversity should not be allowed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)