Subject selction help! (1 Viewer)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Hi
do you think the following subjects scale well and are they good choices for someone who wants to do medicine?
Maths extension 1
English extension 1
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
French extension
:dog:

madharris

HSC
N/A
EDIT: loljokes you're still in year 9. Don't worry about choosing subjects right now. You will get more information from your school next year.
I'm not sure if you know how the system works, but you have too many subjects.
If you think about it this way; the more subjects you have to focus on, the less study you can do for them.
For medicine, you really want to be realistic to give yourself the best chance of getting a good atar.

As I said though, you will get more information later on which will help you to decide on your subjects

enoilgam

HSC
EDIT: loljokes you're still in year 9. Don't worry about choosing subjects right now. You will get more information from your school next year.
For medicine, you really want to be realistic to give yourself the best chance of getting a good atar.

As I said though, you will get more information later on which will help you to decide on your subjects
I pretty much agree with this, it's a bit too early to be thinking about this stuff from now - you will probably have more perspective once you have started Year 10. With Medicine, I'd go with whatever subjects are going to give you the highest ATAR and that usually means doing what you're good at and what you like.

J280

HSC
I honestly think you should wait until next year to get a better perspective of the subjects you are choosing - Year 9 and 10 science is actually pretty different to be honest and Year 10 will give you a better indicator of whether or not you should choose that subject.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Wow, that's 15 units o_O since your grad year is a while away, use year 10 to explore which subjects you're really good at. Scaling only severely affects you if you're average. If you're blitzing your subjects, it won't affect you as much, so keep that in mind :)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
ideally any combo can get you into medicine, I know a guy who did advance maths, standard English, biology, modern history and physics and still got into medical science (transferring to usyd school of dentistry next year), its just about how much effort you put in. but since your subjects are the Asian 5 I think they are ideal for medicine atar (96-99)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)