A Bad Mark (1 Viewer)

Audranda

HSC
What is your definition of a bad mark? (range)

How do you 'get over' receiving a bad mark for an assessment task?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
bad marks are different for each subject for me. for example in a subject that i enjoy and am passionate about i want to achieve as high as possible i.e 90+, whereas if its english which i hate i am still happy with a 70 and categorise <70 bad. to get over a bad mark i just make up for it by doing better in the next exam/assessment.

moni5281

HSC
for me it really depends whether i like the subject or not, and also how well everyone else has done as some tests may be hard for everyone! don't be too disappointed if you get a bad mark, and try harder for next time :)

timeflies

HSC
I'd base a bad mark on what the class average was because that would show how hard the test is. I'd always like to be ranked as high as possible in the class, after all rankings are what count towards your HSC when you reach year 12. If you get a bad mark, theres no need to be disappointed. It'll just be like a warning sign and can make you want to try harder. Next time, put in more effort and it'll eventually pay off. Remember if you're still in Year 9/10, you have time to develop great skills and work on your assessments so that come HSC year, you are ready to beast those assessment tasks.

Last edited:

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
I'd base a bad mark on what the class average was because that would show how hard the test is. I'd always like to be ranked as high as possible in the class, after all rankings are what count towards your HSC when you reach year 12. If you get a bad mark, theres no need to be disappointed. It'll just be like a warning sign and can make you want to try harder. Next time, put in more effort and it'll eventually pay off. Remember if you're still in Year 9/10, you have time to develop great skills and work on your assessments so that come HSC year, you are ready to beast those assessment tasks.
the words of a future 99.95 ATAR State Rank guuy

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
It depends on the individual. My standards for myself are really high (typically anything below a 90 constitutes as a "bad mark") so it actually depends. In terms of getting over "bad marks" I use it as an opportunity to work on any existing flaws and do lots of practice to improve. I guess it also depends on how resilient you are as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
A bad mark is any mark that makes you feel shit. If the mark makes you.happy, if it gives you hope etc. Then it isn't a bad mark

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
A bad mark is all dependent on your personal goals and expectations. Some people may be happy with 80%, others will be disappointed if they get 80%.

I personally compare my marks only to my personal aims. If i meet them i'm happy, no point comparing them to other peoples marks which may cause me to be disappointed even if i have achieved my initial goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)