Business Studies and Chemistry and Engineering. (1 Viewer)

drainbammage

HSC
Im just finishing up doing work experience at an office doing data entry and things like that and i absolutely hated it, being stuck in a boring office job is something i never want to do. Therefore at uni i want to do aerospace engineering or something like that. My subjects for year 11 right now are

Adv. English
3U Maths
Physics
Economics

This puts me at 9 units and im currently trying to decide which two out of Chemistry, Engineering and Business Studies i should do . I do enjoy both Commerce and the Chemistry topics in science. My science teacher said i would be capable of doing Chemistry. Also i talked to a person who does Business Students and Economics at the school im going to and he said the subjects compliment each other, meaning doing economics makes business studies easier and vice versa. And Engineering is something i want to do at uni. So here is what i need help on, i need to pick two of the three subjects, any advice on what i should do is appreciated.

Also do i have to stay before and/or after school if i choose to do 13 units?

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
The thing is, you probably had a bad experience with work experience because work experience kids generally do all the shitty stuff, which can become very tedious for anyone, so you may still want to take business to see what it's really like, plus business and eco do compliment each other extremely well. I would definitely advise you to take chemistry, and then toss up between business and engineering. I would personally lean towards business, because it keeps options open even though it isn't a necessity for uni courses, and because from what I've heard, HSC engineering is a pretty useless course in terms of university engineering, and isn't even assumed knowledge. All depends on how sure you are that you want to go into engineering at uni as to whether you pick engineering or business, but I would definitely recommend you do chemistry.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What subjects should you choose?
-I would highly advise that you borrow a business studies, engineering and chemistry textbook-preliminary from the library and glance over the content and modules-maybe read the syllabus points-to get a quick idea what subjects sounds the most interesting, you should do subjects that you enjoy the MOST and you will find INTELLECTUALLY challenging-because this will sustain your interest.

Do you have to stay before and or/after school if I choose to do 13 units
-It depends on whether your school can incorporate extra units within your normal timetable, often you will have to stay before and or/after school according to how your school has structured/timetable the subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)