Questions and Advice for year 9&10! (1 Viewer)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Hey guys!
I'm starting year 11 this year, so I thought I would start a thread so that I could offer advice and answer any questions you guys might have about stage 5 :) I'd like to think myself experienced enough to be able to give you adequate advice so leave your questions and queries down below ! Good luck to everyone this year and just remember that year 9/10 is not the end of the world, have fun and make memories so that you can put the most effort into senior school.

Hope to hear from y'all soon ! :D

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
^ may not be the end of the world, but it is the end of your carefree years :)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
^ may not be the end of the world, but it is the end of your carefree years :)
Not necessarily, don't view year 11 as a something of a burden. Year 11 was awesome, only if you make it so! It may not be 'carefree' but there were a lot of moments that were pretty carefree :p Plus, nothing counts, so you have that security I guess.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I love how there are like six posts and none of them are year nine or ten haha

studybuddy101

HSC
Year 9 was easily the best year of high school minus the whole puberty thing

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
imo year 11 was like the most fun year for me

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
imo year 11 was like the most fun year for me
How?! Everyones going to snake each other for rankings at my school this year...

Advice to 9&10 - These years don't count towards anything so make sure you experiment with it. So go out and network, find different methods of study and decide which subjects are strongest for you, sleep more and go on adventures! Year 9 and 10 is also the time to find out time management and often is one of the years where you discover new hobbies!

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
How?! Everyones going to snake each other for rankings at my school this year...

Advice to 9&10 - These years don't count towards anything so make sure you experiment with it. So go out and network, find different methods of study and decide which subjects are strongest for you, sleep more and go on adventures! Year 9 and 10 is also the time to find out time management and often is one of the years where you discover new hobbies!
Year 11 isn't worth snaking for, it doesn't count towards anything.
I was once like you guys, "Aites Year 11, time to be srs" NEK MINNIT not a single f*ck was given. Now this year, I'm constantly studying my a$$ off cuz I'm legit scared. My advice is even if you do bludge Year 11 like I did, just have a strong foundation for maths and english. The stuff you need from yr 11 in the hsc gets retaught anyway (for the sciences at least)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Year 11 isn't worth snaking for, it doesn't count towards anything.
I was once like you guys, "Aites Year 11, time to be srs" NEK MINNIT not a single f*ck was given. Now this year, I'm constantly studying my a$$ off cuz I'm legit scared. My advice is even if you do bludge Year 11 like I did, just have a strong foundation for maths and english. The stuff you need from yr 11 in the hsc gets retaught anyway (for the sciences at least)
Oh thank god I thought I would forget everything for bio and chem when HSC came around

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Oh thank god I thought I would forget everything for bio and chem when HSC came around
*Not sure about chem but I would assume so. I dropped chem haha.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha wasn't there a hscer '13, drifting95 I think it was? who got like 97 from doing stnd English, gen maths and all the social sciences. Justem, I expect a 99.95 from you :) retain all that hsc chemistry knowledge homie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)