Time Management (1 Viewer)

barcyy

HSC
What is some advice in time-management and study and homework planning. As I play sports on the weekend and train throughout the week, I have plenty of spare time but I never know when (if that makes sense)?

matchalolz

HSC
haha well my time management isn't the greatest but i'll try giving advice anyways
i don't really have a specific study timetable or anything, but i do have a to-do list because i find this is the most effective method for me. The most important thing about a to-do list is that you have to be realistic and sometimes realise that you won't be able to finish everything you wish to accomplish, so make sure to start on the highest priorities first and work your way down. also make sure to change your list as more tasks pop up, and possibly reordering things. i also do extracurricular stuff and dont know when i'm going to have time for my homework because sometimes things just pop up out of nowhere, but if you do dedicate to studies when you do have the free time, you should be fine.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
it depends on the type of person you are but usually creating a timetable and blocking out all your commitments help because you see what free time you have.
planning ahead + micromanaging (kinda) is always a good idea, i.e. writing a massive list of everything you need to do and breaking things down and finishing that list

enoilgam

HSC
Strawberrye has some great guides on these topics which are worth the read. Generally speaking, try to make a plan that has clearly defined goals but also the flexibility to allow for changes. If your plan is too rigid, "life stuff" can throw you off track - considering "life stuff" is fairly unavoidable, you need a plan which accounts for this.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd get a massive calendar for the term down. Note any assessments down in red, birthdays in green etc.

Then make a rough weekly timetable filled with after school/before school sport etc, and allocate times for study/doing your homework as its important to get into a rhythm of studying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)