Help! (1 Viewer)

MarvelE

HSC
Hey guys, I want to pick Maths Extension 1 for year 11 and 12 but my school requires for me to achieve a grade A or B in 5.3. The problem is that I'm in 5.2 and I cannot move up to the 5.3 class as quite a few kids dropped down to the class from accelerated therefore leaving no room to move up :/ I am studying the 5.3 course with a tutor but school requires me to actually get a grade for the 5.3 course! How can I convince them to let me do MX1?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Hey guys, I want to pick Maths Extension 1 for year 11 and 12 but my school requires for me to achieve a grade A or B in 5.3. The problem is that I'm in 5.2 and I cannot move up to the 5.3 class as quite a few kids dropped down to the class from accelerated therefore leaving no room to move up :/ I am studying the 5.3 course with a tutor but school requires me to actually get a grade for the 5.3 course! How can I convince them to let me do MX1?
If your tutor is helping you with components of the 5.3 course then you could ask your head teacher of mathematics to let you do the 5.3 exams

That way you could get grades for 5.3 and possibly do Mathematics Extension 1

Good luck :D

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
May I ask you OP: why are you eager to do 3U maths?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Ask to do a test or something proving you are capable?

MarvelE

HSC
Just had my parent teacher interviews, maths co-ordinator agreed to let me sit the 5.3 term test this term! Thanks guys, time to study haha

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Just had my parent teacher interviews, maths co-ordinator agreed to let me sit the 5.3 term test this term! Thanks guys, time to study haha
Haha that's great news

Just make sure you continue to study hard!

I wish you all the best with your upcoming exams and the future to come :D

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
They can't let you not do MX1, but, don't do 3u just because others have told you to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)