Finding comparative text--> merchant of Venice help!! (1 Viewer)

gc653

HSC
Hi all

For English this term I have to do an area of study on Justice and our prescribed text is the merchant of Venice. We also need a comparative text and I'm struggling to find one that has enough themes/quotes to analyse and compare to the merchant of Venice.

I know some films already such as a few good men and the help but I don't know how I can relate them to the prescribed text.

Please provide a film and how it can relate/contrast to the merchant of venice (with themes) please!!! Also I would prefer a film that is not too long but if it is one that is most recommended for this than I guess that's an exception.

PLEASE HELP would really appreciate it!!!! THANK YOU:spin:

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
If it's not on the HSC list highly recommend to Kill a mockingbird! fabulous book and film and filled with justice and themes relatable to merchant of Venice ( one of my favorite Shakespearean plays by the way) some modern ones include like The Law abiding citizen ( just checked rating tho) , maybe the Nelson Mandela movie or something like Django unchained ? (Again check the raining) the film for The Help was also amazing and could easily relate to merchant of Venice especially with racial segregation and injustice. If you need any more help, don't be afraid to shoot me a PM merchant of Venice was my absolute favourite so I don't mind helping at all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)