My subjects are open for discussion... (1 Viewer)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hi everyone! I'm in Year 10 and go to a high school ranked in the 500-600 ranges. My subject selections are just around the corner and my aim is to get an ATAR of 95+ (I know it's hard but that is my biggest ambition yet), anyway these are my subjects that interests me.

1) ADV MATHS
2) ADV ENGLISH
3) LEGAL STUDIES
4) PHYSICS
5) CHEMISTRY
6) IPT

Reserves:
1) PD/H/PE
2) Economics

So yeah! There you have it! Again, these are the subjects that I am strongly interested in and cannot wait to to lock them in next week. Btw can anyone please give me tips on how to do well on these subjects if you are currently doing them in your senior years or have done them in the past, thank you!

Last edited:

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
1) General II Mathematics (Top 5 in my current advanced class currently but teacher recommended me to do Gen II)
2) Standard English
3) Legal Studies
4) Physics
5) PD/H/PE
6) IPT

Reserves:
1) Chemistry
2) Economics
no

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Hi everyone! I'm in Year 10 and go to a high school ranked in the 500-600 ranges. My subject selections are just around the corner and my aim is to get an ATAR of 95+ (I know it's hard but that is my biggest ambition yet), anyway these are my subjects that interests me.

1) General II Mathematics (Top 5 in my current advanced class currently but teacher recommended me to do Gen II)
2) Standard English
3) Legal Studies
4) Physics
5) PD/H/PE
6) IPT

Reserves:
1) Chemistry
2) Economics

So yeah! There you have it! Again, these are the subjects that I am strongly interested in and cannot wait to to lock them in next week. Btw can anyone please give me tips on how to do well on these subjects if you are currently doing them in your senior years or have done them in the past, thank you!
Definitely NO

Pick Advanced.

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
but yeah my advice:

1) Mathematics (2U) [+ Ext 1]
2) Adv English
3) Legal Studies
4) Physics
5) Chem
6) Eco

strong indian or asian /10

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Guys the General II Mathematics is a RECOMMENDATION please do not think that I'm not going to pick Ext 1! I just said teacher recommended. Definitely Ext 1 Maths

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
1) Give 2U Advanced Mathematics a shot at least. If you end up finding it too hard, you can always drop down. Better to start off with the higher level of the mathematics so you have the choice to stick with the higher level or drop down to the lower level.

Basically... go against teacher's recommendation if you can.

2) Standard English has terribly disadvantageous aligning... so please give Advanced English a shot.

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
Guys the General II Mathematics is a RECOMMENDATION please do not think that I'm not going to pick Ext 1! I just said teacher recommended. Definitely Ext 1 Maths
so what are you doing?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
RivalryofTroll Thank you, I was to late to tell people that it was only a recommendation btw these are not locked in yet I just wanted to see what else I can do, I am open for different subjects!

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Guys I am starting with Extension 1 Maths (3 Unit) Thanks! Please don't take the General II as a pick, I know it burns in your eyes seeing that!

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
Guys I am starting with Extension 1 Maths (3 Unit) Thanks! Please don't take the General II as a pick, I know it burns in your eyes seeing that!
can you edit your 1st post before everyone else gets mad at you lol

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
RivalryofTroll Thank you, I was to late to tell people that it was only a recommendation btw these are not locked in yet I just wanted to see what else I can do, I am open for different subjects!
Advanced English
2U Maths
Whatever else you're interested in.

It'll give you the best shot at getting 95+

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Thanks guys appreciate for the help, I thought it was going to escalate further the Gen II Maths thing... Glad I changed it

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
What's the best thing I can do now to be an A student in English and for the future Advanced class?

meggles_

HSC
Get a copy of your texts and read study guides and PRACTISE ESSAY WRITING

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hey BLIT2014! My current electives in Year 10 are:

200 HR IST
100 HR - Marine Studies
100 HR- Industrial Tech Timber

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)