Subjects Selections >.< Economics? (1 Viewer)

luluu

HSC
Hey everyone, im in year 10 this year and the whole subject selection idea is killing me.

What i have right now in mind is:

Maths - Extension 1
English - Advanced
Japanese - Continuers
Chemistry
Digital Media/Computers - 1 unit (just to fill in for 12 units)

and the issue is i am thinking of doing economics with these subjects as well.. but i don't know if the subjects i have may be kind of too much for me to handle. Can i please have your opinion on how economic is, like the workload. Will i be able to handle it with the subjects i have right now or should i just change to something else, either legal studies or business studies.

Thankss

HSC
Hey everyone, im in year 10 this year and the whole subject selection idea is killing me.

What i have right now in mind is:

Maths - Extension 1
English - Advanced
Japanese - Continuers
Chemistry
Digital Media/Computers - 1 unit (just to fill in for 12 units)

and the issue is i am thinking of doing economics with these subjects as well.. but i don't know if the subjects i have may be kind of too much for me to handle. Can i please have your opinion on how economic is, like the workload. Will i be able to handle it with the subjects i have right now or should i just change to something else, either legal studies or business studies.

Thankss
All 3 subjects (Eco, legal, business) are heavy content based. Eco is interesting and scales better. But choose whichever you like and think you'll do well in

xmadison

HSC
woah i'm doing exactly the same subjects as you, except for digital/media o_O

DLMisme

HSC
Well nobody here can tell you what you can and can't handle, only you know that. If it's just the content heavy factor making you unsure about choosing economics, you should be aware legal and business studies are content heavy too. If economics is your first preference of the three then choose it. Later if you find it too difficult/struggle with the content/don't like it for whatever other reason, then maybe consider changing to legal or business studies. I hear economics is very interesting, so I would suggest you choose it and see how you go with it next year. Good luck :)

HSC
Well nobody here can tell you what you can and can't handle, only you know that. If it's just the content heavy factor making you unsure about choosing economics, you should be aware legal and business studies are content heavy too. If economics is your first preference of the three then choose it. Later if you find it too difficult/struggle with the content/don't like it for whatever other reason, then maybe consider changing to legal or business studies. I hear economics is very interesting, so I would suggest you choose it and see how you go with it next year. Good luck :)
That's exactly what was going through my mind.

matchalolz

HSC
I think you should choose economics. imo business has more content actually and eco is not "hard". I don't know about others but I'm actually getting better marks in economics, probably because i find it more interesting and so I'm more motivated to study for it. If you choose to do business studies be prepared to memorise your textbook back to front or alternatively become a professional bullshitter (my personal tactic)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Economics is more 'interesting' however people tend to find 'hard' and is (largely content heavy)
Business studies is more 'straight' forward ( medium content heavy)

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
I currently do all three - economics, business studies and legal studies and will be taking them next year for my hsc.
Not sure what you're asking but... if you have any questions just shoot me a pm :)

Smooth Operator

HSC
I do all 3.

Business studies is piss easy but content heavy so you have to systematically know your stuff for each topic (which isn't really hard).
Legal is gr8, HSC course > year 11 course.
Economics is on par with Legal for greatness, however it has a higher degree of difficulty for the concepts involved.

I'd say if you want to do Economics, do it, you can always 'drop' it or whatever. It's really interesting and if you enjoy it hopefully you won't find it challenging, if you do make sure you seek your teacher for help so you be achieving dankness in Economics.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I found legal a lot harder to get good marks in so whilst I did the trio (Biz/Legal/Eco) in year 11, I dropped Legal for HSC. If you want to do accounting later on, you will get to learn legal stuff all over again anyway as they're required subjects for some of the post grad quals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)