Year 11 subject selection: Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Kevin217

HSC
N/A
Could anyone out there who is passionate about this subject, explain/convince to me why I should do it?

I want to be in the "money money" field with applied mathematics, so does legal studies even help me get there?

Thanks!

jessicamuz

HSC
N/A
No it definitely does not. I study economic, business and legal studies, economics and business would be more suitable. Legal studies has everythiing to do with the legal system, laws, acts, police etc.

-billiris

HSC
No it definitely does not. I study economic, business and legal studies, economics and business would be more suitable. Legal studies has everythiing to do with the legal system, laws, acts, police etc.
Which of these are the most enjoyable?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Could anyone out there who is passionate about this subject, explain/convince to me why I should do it?
it's interesting imo. that's as much convincing I (and probably anyone else) will do

I want to be in the "money money" field with applied mathematics, so does legal studies even help me get there?
... not sure about the logic behind this one

4U maths will get you there

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
it's interesting imo. that's as much convincing I (and probably anyone else) will do

... not sure about the logic behind this one

4U maths will get you there
People say to me that 4U was the best subject they did at high school, you seemed to enjoy it as well so I'm going to give it a go probz in Year 12 as well coz I love maths hehe!

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
People say to me that 4U was the best subject they did at high school, you seemed to enjoy it as well so I'm going to give it a go probz in Year 12 as well coz I love maths hehe!
yes; IMO 4U and phys were the best subjects I did in high school. This was because the content was interesting and we had great teachers

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A

Thanks!
Business, Eco, these are the subjects that will get you in the 'money money' field with the study of maths as well. I would recommend you to undertake 3U Maths and give it a go because that's what I'm doing next year. If you really enjoyed the 3U aspect of Maths in Year 11 I would recommend you to undertake 4U Maths, but lets not go ahead of ourselves...

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Thanks!
VCE course or HSC course?

I know the HSC course probably wouldn't (unless you meant contributing to ATAR? )

Kevin217

HSC
N/A
Yeah, it seems like legal studies (HSC) might not really benefit my future plans.

Kevin217

HSC
N/A
Also thanks for the insight and tips, really appreciated.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Yeah, it seems like legal studies (HSC) might not really benefit my future plans.
depends what you want to do but generally no

legal studies helped me write essays and reports and what not which helps me now at university - an advantage over all the people who did phys, chem, bio etc

Raymondo

HSC
Legal is an interesting subject. Most teachers who teach legal are truly legends.
But it's a suject I will be dropping in the HSC , there's a lot of content which gets saturated and boring IMO, with a massive textbook full of case studies and definitions.
Economics is where it's at.
If you were looking to get into the "money money" field, then pick that up. HOWEVER remember that none of these subjects really determine anything about what you do in Uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)