Economics or Biology (1 Viewer)

Pranava

HSC
N/A
Hello,

Out of economics and biology which one is harder? I think my subjects are more suited around doing biology (im doing phys/chem), but i find both subjects to be interesting and also was thinking of dropping 3 unit math to do business studies to pair with eco if i were to do it. Rumors say economics is "very hard" and that the research assignments are long and tedious amounts of work, i would prefer to have an easier subject as all my other electives are difficult in my opinion ( 3u math, phys, chem, adv eng). Any insight into this topic would be appreciated.

Cheers Pranava

Feynman

HSC
Economics is generally regarded as a harder subject than biology, but people say doing the three sciences is hard work. You could consider choosing an easy subject instead, unless you're aiming for an atar of 99.95, in that case just choose eco (it scales better).

Fiction

HSC
Hello,

Out of economics and biology which one is harder? I think my subjects are more suited around doing biology (im doing phys/chem), but i find both subjects to be interesting and also was thinking of dropping 3 unit math to do business studies to pair with eco if i were to do it. Rumors say economics is "very hard" and that the research assignments are long and tedious amounts of work, i would prefer to have an easier subject as all my other electives are difficult in my opinion ( 3u math, phys, chem, adv eng). Any insight into this topic would be appreciated.

Cheers Pranava
I personally find Eco harder than Bio because you need to grasp the fundalmentals of Eco and understand them as opposed to bio, where being such a content-heavy subject, you can get away with rote-learning (to a degree). There are also no calculations in Bio - it's abit like history (apart from the experiments) whileas Eco is more mathy.

Idk, other than their respective fields (social science and science) I would say Eco leans more to maths, whileas Bio more to humanities.

matchalolz

HSC
Eco isn't that hard xD I do it along with business studies and financial services though so maybe i'm just really business inclined
if you want to look for an easier subject consider business studies as well, however i warn you it's not as interesting as eco and there's much more memorisation

trungduong12

HSC
Im currently doing both eco and bio
I find bio is easier to learn as all u need to do is memorise everything and will definitely get u in 80s-90

For eco
Its very hard as u need to think, to analyse the things to learnt not just memorising it
For eco exam u have two essays too
While in bio u only have short answers and max is like 7-8mark question

If u dont like essays then should do bio
But eco scales better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Biology is the way to go in your case.

Fiction

HSC
What's the Asian 5?
something like
- chem
-physics
-3u maths
- eco
- eng

It's just the combination of subjects that asians from the top 5 schools tend to pick - all the subjects tend to be quite high scaling and mathy/sciency.

Some variations include the asian 6 :D

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
something like
- chem
-physics
-3u maths
- eco
- eng

It's just the combination of subjects that asians from the top 5 schools tend to pick - all the subjects tend to be quite high scaling and mathy/sciency.

Some variations include the asian 6 :D
OoOoOoO the Asian 6 LÈL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)