Ext Eng vs Legal vs Business (1 Viewer)

-billiris

HSC
Hey guys.

I have a slight issue and I have selected my subjects for next year although it seems I have to drop a subject.

I'm thinking to drop EITHER Ext Eng, Legal or Business. Which one should I drop?

I'm currently first in English in my grade and I do enjoy the subject, and Ext 1 Eng will be a very small class (probably less than 10 students).

Business and Legal Studies are subject's I would enjoy although I'm a little worried about the workload of them combined with the other subjects I've chosen. Business will have many classes while Legal will probably only have 20 or 30 people. Is it better if the class is smaller?

The other subjects I am doing:

* Mathematics
* Adv Eng
* Modern Greek Beginners
* Studies of Religion 1

So in summary, if you could provide any information you know from past/current experiences of Ext Eng, Legal and Business much appreciated. :) Also, which subject scales better? And if you would like to suggest what I should drop, that'd be great.

Thx guys!

HSC
The extension English scales better and regardless of scaling, it seems like you do well in English so it will be of benefit for you to do it.

Business and legal (info from friends who did it) are heavy content based subjects.

Do the subject which your good at.

Smile12345

HSC
Hey guys.

I have a slight issue and I have selected my subjects for next year although it seems I have to drop a subject.

I'm thinking to drop EITHER Ext Eng, Legal or Business. Which one should I drop?

I'm currently first in English in my grade and I do enjoy the subject, and Ext 1 Eng will be a very small class (probably less than 10 students).

Business and Legal Studies are subject's I would enjoy although I'm a little worried about the workload of them combined with the other subjects I've chosen. Business will have many classes while Legal will probably only have 20 or 30 people. Is it better if the class is smaller?

* Mathematics
* Adv Eng
* Modern Greek Beginners
* Studies of Religion 1

So in summary, if you could provide any information you know from past/current experiences of Ext Eng, Legal and Business much appreciated. :) Also, which subject scales better? And if you would like to suggest what I should drop, that'd be great.

Thx guys!
Keep the TWO you think you will ENJOY the most. :) Don't focus too much on the scaling.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Hi there,

I did the HSC last year. I can also tell you that I did all three subjects.

My subjects were:
- Business (88)
- Legal (93)
- English Adv (88)
- English Ext (40)
- Modern History (88)
- History Ext (40)
- Music (87 - didn't count)

English Extension 1

I can't say I enjoyed it too much (this is coming from the standpoint of a very lazy student).

I came first in my grade for English in Year 10. However, for me, that did not translate into my year 11/12 results. The calibre of work is different and requires a lot more effort, in terms of reading the texts, doing the set tasks and taking time to develop your own ideas on the text (this is just advanced). Extension 1, will in essence, "extend" upon this and will require you to go out there in the world of literature and analyse your own texts. It's actually quite a bit of work for 1 unit.

Business studies

This subject is a load of bullshit and for some, even if they don't apply themselves completely can still do well.

I found it to be a load of fluff. Don't get me wrong, I still loved the subject and my teacher. I still managed to get a mark of 88. To do well you need to know the syllabus inside and out and know what they're looking for in the extended response/report.

Legal Studies

I might sound a bit bias for this subject... but I loved it, even though it was content heavy.

Personally, if I was to pick between those three subs I would do Legal Studies and drop Business/Eng Ext. I think, just do the subject you think you will enjoy and at the same time will be good at (don't think about the scaling! Just think about doing well).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys.

* Mathematics
* Adv Eng
* Modern Greek Beginners
* Studies of Religion 1

Thx guys!

I'd see if it was possible to start next year doing all of the subjects so you can get a better 'feel' for the subjects.

Think English extension is worth doing especially if you are skilled at English.

Bongos

HSC
Legal studies is boring as, but piss easy. I'd chose Ext English and Business Studies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)