Truth and Perception (1 Viewer)

natalieksaad

HSC
I have to write an essay where i analyse how truth and perception are shown in Twelve Angry Men and To Kill A Mockingbird using the PEEL method. How do you analyse a movie or book. i can never get good grades when i have to analyse as I've been told i recount the movie/book but don't analyse/explain. please help me, this is due in 2 days.

Fiction

HSC
Ok, if you've been told you recount instead of analyse, that just means you're not having enough techniques/quote/effect/link in your well, analysis/ body paragraphs. It's perfectly fine to structure your argument in chronological order, however you may perhaps be retelling the plot rather than arguing a point. Easiest way to combat this is jut to put in more techniques and effects + quote. Think about what you want to argue, then structure accordingly.

Fiction

HSC
You analyse a movie or book in the same manner how you analyse everything and anything else. You simply make an assertion, then explore that claim through a quote, show how the quote is relevant through its use of a technique(s).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)