Marks in maths topic tests in selective schools??? (1 Viewer)

theKingPin

HSC
Hi, I was just wondering what type of spread is their in selective school maths tests. That is what marks do students get(range).:smile:
Thanks in advance.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
It's quite ambiguous if you take the difficulty of the test into consideration

I mean a difficult test would make students get into the 40 - 75% range while an easy exam will be getting students in the range of 80 - 100%

Kazooker

HSC
N/A
Hi, I was just wondering what type of spread is their in selective school maths tests. That is what marks do students get(range).:smile:
Thanks in advance.
At the selective school which I'm currently in (Tech), most people range in topic tests between 70-100%. however there are always a few whizzes of the class who get >90% every exam. Since I'm moving to Sbhs next yr, the cohort there said that a lot of students at High get over 90% for topic and yrly exams.
Hope this helps:)

youngsky

poof
HSC
I go to a top 30 selective high school. For 3U trials the majority of raw marks were <60% with the highest being 96 iirc, for half yearlies it was a similar story.

But then again, my school tends to set exams slightly on the more difficult side.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
So i go to a top 5 selective school and so there are three types of maths classes: Top Class, 2nd Top, and Mixed.
Top Class of 30 students gets all >92ish%
2nd Top Class of 30 Students (my class) gets between 83-92ish%
3 Mixed Classes of 90 students gets around 40-80% ish. There is a big range in the mixed maths classes.

The tests are pretty hard in my opionion, but for me its mostly because of ridiculous time restraints. 70 marks in 45 minutes!! wtf?!

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
So i go to a top 5 selective school and so there are three types of maths classes: Top Class, 2nd Top, and Mixed.
Top Class of 30 students gets all >92ish%
2nd Top Class of 30 Students (my class) gets between 83-92ish%
3 Mixed Classes of 90 students gets around 40-80% ish. There is a big range in the mixed maths classes.

The tests are pretty hard in my opionion, but for me its mostly because of ridiculous time restraints. 70 marks in 45 minutes!! wtf?!
hey, do you go to nsghs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)