Business Studies or Chemistry? (1 Viewer)

FancyPenguin

HSC
We got our timetable sheets for next year back today and i got all the subjects I initially put down(business, physics, economics, MX1, HSC Mathematics, Advanced english and SOR1) but I now really want to do chemistry because it seems quite interesting and it is a prerequisite for a lot of science and medical courses at uni. I have to swap it for business as they're on the same line but I would have rather swapped it for physics.

My question is would it be better to keep business which i'm pretty sure i'll do well in or would it be worth it swap, also how much more work does Chem require compared to business?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Trust me do chem as it will complement your subject selection better, BUT if you need a dropkick subject for the chills then do business. I love both business and chem <3 But chem is much more interesting

piethepker

HSC
N/A
Obviously I go to school with you so hopefully you value my opinion.

While you're certainly very strong at both subjects, I really think Chemistry will be better for you. You obviously have a strong interest in Medicine so for your future so I think you should go for Chemistry. Business is mainly with ****tards anyway. (Though the great joey does teach business...). In science you have talked about how you found the chem a bit confusing. Don't even think about that mate you're a smart cookie.

Though if you pick chemistry you're coming second to me, so keep that in mind.

Pick Chem Erica.

Last edited:

photastic

HSC
Business is easier to understand than chemistry. Chemistry is the worst subject tbh.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
In comparison, you would need to do 1/5 of the study that you'd do for chem to get the same marks in business. It's that much easier, however if you are aiming for medicine you should do chem because business COULD potentially drag your atar down, but not always

FancyPenguin

HSC
Trust me do chem as it will complement your subject selection better, BUT if you need a dropkick subject for the chills then do business. I love both business and chem <3 But chem is much more interesting
I heard from some people who do business that it can be boring but it is easy which is the main reason they do it. I think that I'll swap to chemistry ASAP

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I heard from some people who do business that it can be boring but it is easy which is the main reason they do it. I think that I'll swap to chemistry ASAP
good choice. all the best in your studies :)))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)