Is year 10 IMPORTANTNTNTNTNNT? (1 Viewer)

teridax

HSC
N/A
please answer srs, I will suicide very soon
I was gonna be nice (and provide tips), but given the bolded makes little grammatical sense, this thread ain't genuine.

Please refrain from wasting our time with your shitty trolling.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Year 10 isn't a big worry. You shouldn't put yourself down for not doing well in a few exams. Have a positive insight towards years 11 and 12 and aim to improve yourself a bit. Everyone will have a struggle at some point, but the best thing you can do is get back up and keep going until the end.

The worst thing you can do is give up. Please don't follow that path and regret it later. Use year 10 as a motivator to never get into this position again and hopefully you improve a lot and end up doing well later on with years 11 and 12, and even further beyond.

Best of Luck :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe you should take this opportunity to assess deficiencies in your study methods/attitudes/areas of lack of understanding and make sure you try to grasp a solid understanding of everything you don't understand, particularly for maths and science if you do choose these subjects in senior years because it will have an accumulative effect. Year 10 is important in the sense it helps you to establish senior study habits for next few years, but from a ATAR perspective, you can afford to not have done so well in year 10, but you really need to reassess your current habits to think about how you can better succeed in your studies for the next two years. Feel free to check out my senior study guide for some tips:) http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html

Best wishes:)

rawrliongirl

HSC
nope. i totally regret actually stressing in year 10 because it doesn't even matter. I didn't get to enjoy my last year of freedom before starting the Prelim HSC course.

Rain

HSC
Year 10 isn't a big worry. You shouldn't put yourself down for not doing well in a few exams. Have a positive insight towards years 11 and 12 and aim to improve yourself a bit. Everyone will have a struggle at some point, but the best thing you can do is get back up and keep going until the end.

The worst thing you can do is give up. Please don't follow that path and regret it later. Use year 10 as a motivator to never get into this position again and hopefully you improve a lot and end up doing well later on with years 11 and 12, and even further beyond.

Best of Luck :)
Does the HSC take into account the yearlies from the previous years, like say year 9? Sorry I'm quiet new to this. Also should I start studying now? I'm in year 9 and this year I've fucked up majorly, didn't study got low grades, etc.

Smooth Operator

HSC
Does the HSC take into account the yearlies from the previous years, like say year 9? Sorry I'm quiet new to this. Also should I start studying now? I'm in year 9 and this year I've fucked up majorly, didn't study got low grades, etc.
Negative, they don't count unless you leave school before your HSC. You'll be sweet if you put your head down.

Edit: Do the study you want to do in Year 9 and 10. Personally I didn't study much in those years but it's up to you. I guess you should study your weak areas in these years so you have a good foundation going in to senior years. But seriously do not stress over Year 9 and 10.

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Marks in years prior to HSC have no effect on your marks in year 12.

The thing you need to worry about is obtaining a good work ethic and having the opportunity to do the levels of subjects that you want (for example, if you want to do extension subjects then you need to get yourself in a position so that you don't find the subject a struggle and so that your school lets you do them).

If you don't do well this year, take it as a learning experience to do well in later years.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
for maths and english (content wise)

marks wise, no.
work ethic/motivation wise, yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)