Requirements for Entering Year 10 (1 Viewer)

blackbird_14

HSC
Ummm... I don't know.

I don't think there's a mandatory requirement for you to pass your year 9 elective subjects. However, if you did poorly, you can change that elective, in year 10, if your school allows.

In year 10 though, if there's satisfactory evidence that you simply didn't try (obvious example: you didn't hand in any assessments) and you did badly, they can give you an "N" award (equivalent name: fail) , and that means you can't recieve your ROSA. But if you tried but still did mediocre, then they'll let you get your ROSA.

FancyPenguin

HSC
there are no requirements to enter year 10 unless you're getting below 30% in all subjects or refuse to complete assignments/assessments your fine

the_matrix

HSC
There are no specific requirements for the year 10 course. Just don't truant from school or get yourself suspended/in huge trouble and you should be set for entrance into year 10!

Anthel

HSC
N/A
Since year 10 is a continuation of your year 9 electives, you shouldnt worry too much about getting into the same subjects unless you did very poorly (which is most likely a rare case). As matrix said dont get into trouble and work hard in year 10 and score well in year 10 to get into your desired courses in year 11 and 12 (I know its a long way but trust me time goes on really quickly). I also have sibling going into year 10, he is doing well so far but is so carefree... Lol. Good luck!

Thomas_SSEDU

HSC
Uni Grad
There aren't any requirements for entering Year 10. I guess if you're feeling a bit behind on your academic performance you can enlist the help of a tutor. But otherwise you are good to enter year 10!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)