How to best make use of Holidays before year 11? (1 Viewer)

piethepker

HSC
N/A
What are some recommendations for using your holiday time in preparation for year 11? any regrets? anything you should do?

In particular for,

Chem
Bio
Eco
3u eng
Mathematics
Sor 1

Regards.

buriza

conviction
HSC
You should relax.

Year 11 is going to be different from the other years you have had so there is no real way you can prepare yourself for it. Not to mention Year 11 is a preparation year for Year 12 in itself. If you are really keen I suppose you could read up some textbooks to help inform your knowledge but other than that, there is no need to do all that much.

astroman

HSC
getting a head start on maths will be nice, before i started year 11, i downloaded notes and past papers lel

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Skip prelim content and start rote learning HSC content, making this time next year seem easy as 3.14159

astroman

HSC
Skip prelim content and start rote learning HSC content, making this time next year seem easy as 3.14159
rote is not applicable to all subjects, it is only useful for things like business studies, where learning lots of content will get u more marks

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Below is an extract of my senior study guide that you will find helpful, for the full guide, visit: http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html

What to do in the summer holidays before Year 11 starts
In the summer holidays, you should focus on making sure you have a prepared psychological mindset for senior year studies and you need to make sure you have consistent performance in all your subjects-consistency is very important-both in your academic performance(I am talking about at optimal levels) as well as consistency in your study routine, learning methods and sleeping patterns

Don't study 24/7 because you will wreck your body and by then your ATAR will become meaningless if you destroy your health-take care of yourself, do relax a bit in the holidays-you need enough relaxation to get you to keep working very hard for the next two years-and I think if you prepare your psychological mindset over the holidays, it will help you even more than pure attaining academic knowledge for year 11. This positive psychological preparation includes to be prepared for possible bad results-but retain a never-giving up attitude under this circumstance, when you get good results, don't be arrogant and just be optimistic no matter how adverse circumstances may be.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
rote is not applicable to all subjects, it is only useful for things like business studies, where learning lots of content will get u more marks
Rote is applicable to every subject except maths. And even then, I've heard of some people who have even figured out how to rote learn maths. Rote learning is a terrible idea for real life, but it will get you marks in the HSC.

DLMisme

HSC
Just relax and enjoy yourself. You could flip through some textbooks maybe if you were really keen, but use the holidays to have fun and be totally stress free.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I'm taking similar classes to you next year c:

What I will be doing during the holidays is relaxing whilst still studying. Here is my plan:
  • Reading Economics textbooks and writing up notes
  • Writing notes for Marketing for Business Studies
  • Revising 3U Maths and refining 2U basics
  • Reading more books (some out of my comfort zone) for English

I recommend you to start early on basics in all of your subjects - but don't work yourself to death, you deserve a short break.

Confound

HSC
LOOOL don't spend your holidays before year 11 studying. It'll be a waste of time trust me looool

Go party, travel, make new friends, read interesting books, sleep around, get a girlfriend, watch movies, build some muscle etc ANYTHING but study.

elkedag

elkemaand
HSC
If you're planning on picking up english ext 2, think about what you want to explore. Otherwise, there's nothing much that you can do that can substantially advance you academically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)