Is New Century maths year 10 advanced 5.2/5.3 a good textbook? (1 Viewer)

esidarap

HSC
N/A
I am wondering on whether I should purchase the New Century maths textbook for year 10. Is it a good resource? Review on this textbook will be appreciated.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Haven't used it but imo Mathsquest is the best for year 9&10

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Based on past editions, I thought Signpost was really solid. But with recent change to the syllabus, all the old books have been overhauled with new modern layout/typeset - and they all look good. I only have seen (yrs 7 to 10) of Insight Maths (now published by Oxford, authors Ley & Fuller) which visually look modern with lots of crisp modern graphs, diagrams and illustrations, very much like all the other publishers.

Last edited:

Total_Nerd

HSC
N/A
I am wondering on whether I should purchase the New Century maths textbook for year 10. Is it a good resource? Review on this textbook will be appreciated.
It's good considering the resources, although past textbooks are better as the questions are way more clear. Also the New Century Maths textbook has quite a few mistakes with the answers- questions are also harder ( 5.2 and 5.3 have a different text book ..but i recommend getting 5.3 as it has general + extension ( you can tell the difference by the colour of the pages) )

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
My school uses New century maths for 5.3. It's a decent book, the difficulty is not too hard except for the last few. If you want hard questions and if your school has harder tests look elsewhere. New century is good for intermediate students.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
My school used new century in 7&8 and then signpost in year 9&10. I remember there being quite a few mistakes in the answers with it, however overall a good textbook. Dont know much about the year 10 version sorry

doesn't your school supply you with textbooks? In year 10, i think that what they give you should be enough. If I ever wanted more questions, i always went online, but that was only when i had done all of the stuff in the book on the topics that i really needed to work on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)