Maths Year 10/11/12 question and Science question (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hello all, I'm in accelerated maths in year 10 (currently doing year 11 work and competing with them too).

Right now we're doing preliminary maths.
My questions are:

1. What are we doing a preliminary for, 2 unit or 3 unit prelim?
2. How come some people I see are doing extension 1 AND 2 maths, it seems from the teachers that we can only do 2 unit and one of the other two?
3. Is it possible that I can do ext 1 and 2 maths or do I just have to stick with what my school says and do 2 unit and probably 4 unit.

Also for the Science question, which of the 3 sciences (phys chem bio) should I pick? I came first in Science and just want advice. Thanks :)

edit: oops posted it twice

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello all, I'm in accelerated maths in year 10 (currently doing year 11 work and competing with them too).

Right now we're doing preliminary maths.
My questions are:

1. What are we doing a preliminary for, 2 unit or 3 unit prelim?
2. How come some people I see are doing extension 1 AND 2 maths, it seems from the teachers that we can only do 2 unit and one of the other two?
3. Is it possible that I can do ext 1 and 2 maths or do I just have to stick with what my school says and do 2 unit and probably 4 unit.

Also for the Science question, which of the 3 sciences (phys chem bio) should I pick? I came first in Science and just want advice. Thanks :)

edit: oops posted it twice
1) look at syllabus
2) you can do ext 2 in year 12
3) yes

> which ever one/s you like

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
But I think my school only teaches Unit 2 maths in year 11 until term 4 where you can choose to do ext1 or 2 maths. So I'm not really sure how you can do both :/

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Forgot to mention our school is a Catholic school so we either do Catholic Studies (non-atar) or Studies of Religion (atar).
And also I'm not really sure if we can do extension 1 maths in year 11, I'll have to ask.

lauraalessandra

HSC
Biology is super interesting and quite easy. It's really good! Chem is also amazing especially the pracs you get to do are also great :) we did lots of explosive stuff! And everything is just so amusing.. I don't do physics so I'm not sure about that one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackbird_14

HSC
I thought in order to do extension maths in year 12, you would had to have done the maths extension course in year 11, isnt it a prerequisite for HSC Ext 1 and Ext 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)